Is this channel switch safe for the Relay control on FX8?

randombastage

Experienced
A Marshall DSL40C, I can't find official specs on it but I found some details from someone who was trying to add LED's to the factory footswitch and he recieved this information on the amps switching circuit:

They are using a +5v logic supply to provide inputs to a AT2313 processor for channel and reverb switching. So there is a small voltage available in the switch lines until the switch is closed. The sleeve on the jack is grounded and is used as a common for both switch lines back to the amp. At that point the voltage is dropped across the pull up resistors and no voltage is left to power the LED's.

It appears to be 'grounded to sleeve' but they mention the voltage present in the circuit so I'm not clear.
I would think any kind of circuit that operates via grounding would have to have some voltage present for the act of grounding to interrupt thus effecting a change....but I'm just guessing and don't want to damage anything.

As an aside to the question, the factory swith is tip ring sleeve since it controls both channel switching and reverb. I don't need the reverb so I plan to use a tip sleeve jack which supposedly will leave the reverb portion of the circuit in an off state.

Last edited:
PRS Archon 50 question

I have the same question about a PRS Archon 50. Is it compatible with the short to sleeve switching needed for the relay blocks? I have sent an email to PRS but have not heard back yet.

A Marshall DSL40C, I can't find official specs on it but I found some details from someone who was trying to add LED's to the factory footswitch and he recieved this information on the amps switching circuit:

It appears to be 'grounded to sleeve' but they mention the voltage present in the circuit so I'm not clear.
I would think any kind of circuit that operates via grounding would have to have some voltage present for the act of grounding to interrupt thus effecting a change....but I'm just guessing and don't want to damage anything.

As an aside to the question, the factory swith is tip ring sleeve since it controls both channel switching and reverb. I don't need the reverb so I plan to use a tip sleeve jack which supposedly will leave the reverb portion of the circuit in an off state.

I have an Archon 100 and have a question into PRS now about a 5 Pin DIN to midi cable. I'll post what they say.

Marshall gave me the go ahead to use the relay from the FX8 to the Marshall DSL40c. Wish me luck :S

Back
Top Bottom