Is this BOSTON's Greatest Song?

My vote goes to Hitch A Ride.

Always had a sweet spot for “Man I’ll Never Be” off the second record too.

Speaking of retail records, the standing joke in the early 80’s when I was still working that gig and a third Boston record never appeared was this:

Record employee: “Heard about the new Boston album coming out?”

Customer dude: -“Oh man, you’re shittin ‘ me. I’m pumped! That’s awesome!”

Record employee: “Yeah, it’s Boston’s Greatest Hits. And it’s gonna be a double album!”

Haha!! And then when they finally did release a 3rd Boston Album everyone was like, "WTF?? You sure this is Boston?" :)

Haha!! And then when they finally did release a 3rd Boston Album everyone was like, "WTF?? You sure this is Boston?" :)

To think people got excited about the Barry Goudreau solo album at one time because Delp sang on a couple of songs. Ha!!

To think people got excited about the Barry Goudreau solo album at one time because Delp sang on a couple of songs. Ha!!
been tryin to get that 1st BG solo album - never heard it myself but would like to as I keep hearing that it's got that Boston sound - for some reason Apple Music does not have it.

Wasn't it a band? Pretty sure I bought it on casette and it was a little weak.... like Boston's 3rd Album. :)

been tryin to get that 1st BG solo album - never heard it myself but would like to as I keep hearing that it's got that Boston sound - for some reason Apple Music does not have it.

No, there was one before that. Just a picture of him on the cover. I’ve got it around here somewhere. 8AB3BDCB-FE2E-4CC8-AD8D-52855E833028.png

I'd say it is the best song, but I can't watch that Beato shit.

I like his regular posts, but the streaming stuff (like this video) just moves way too slowly for me. I usually skip all his streamed stuff, and I'm probably leaving some good stuff on the table by doing that, but otherwise I end up just skipping through trying to figure out when he actually gets to the point he's trying to make. That said I'd probably enjoy an in-person chat with the guy.

The produced videos are mostly cool though.

+1 - not a fan of livestreams generally. I do like his "what makes this song great" series, and he's done some great interviews (Frampton, May)
He hasn't been doing those as much has he at least I haven't been seeing those pop up in my YT feed.

He did one a couple of weeks ago for "Everybody Wants yo Rule the World" - enjoyed it / Love Tears for Fears"
Yes that is another good one! I remember when the vid came out it was shot not to far from where I live. Unfortunately the new owners of the Dino painted it pink and you can no longer ride at Windy point because of a lizard! anyway great tune, brings back good memories for sure.

Orion The Hunter. :)

Didn't know Barry had a pure solo album prior until @Mott pointed it out.

There were a lot of different combinations:

Barry Goudreau solo (with Delp on lead vocals)

RTZ - Also Goudreau and Delp

Orion the Hunter - Goudreau with Delp on backing vocals

The 2003 album, "Delp and Goudreau"

Ernie and the Automatics, with Goudreau and Boston drummer Sib Hashian

I followed a series of Barry Goudreau interviews recently here - Boston was a great band but man there was a lot of drama goin on within / around it:

Back
Top Bottom