Is this achievable within the XL+?

Ophidiuchus

Hi fellow forumites,

I came across this post in Instagram and man, I was blown away! Is there someone capable of guiding me through the process, or sharing a preset or insight ti get something as fabulous as this in the trusty Axe FX II?

Here's the link:

Cheers!

Man now I want to try.

Reverse delay, with the tails running through a pitch shifter and then a fuzz? It looks like that’s basically what’s happening?

Pitch block crystals type, reverse direction, one voice +1 octave.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/fmjod9h5bhdl6xq/icedelay.mp3

Splice length should be 1.5x note length (e.g. dotted quarter while playing quarters) to be like the example, but this is an Axe quirk/bug where reverse splice length is 2/3 the time shown. The actual splicing is quarter note input pieces becoming 8th note length pitched up an octave (2x speed).

Normally you'd have to listen and get in sync with the pitch signal, which might sound off on the first repeat. It's easy enough to play on from there but this wouldn't be reliable with a band/track. Switching to a very short splice time and back will resync, so you could do this with a splice tempo/time modifier or XY switching. The other XY state actually has to be in crystals mode to reset this way it seems, so it wouldn't be usable for much else. The most seamless reset would probably be to use Voice 1 for X and Voice 2 for Y or vice versa, then have the unused voice at 0 level and 1 ms splice time in each state. Also the reset should be on an 8th upbeat before you start playing for the splicing to line up like this example.

Attachments

• Ice delay.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom