Is this a possibility? Has it been thought of before?

Wolfenstein98k

Power User
Aloha all,

I was thinking about the logistics of sending amps to Cliff, and the possible repercussions, and it led me to thinking: What about crowdfunding?

If there's an amp - say like the AFD100 recently - that everyone wants in the unit, why don't we all chip in? It could be through a Kickstarter-type channel, or a more insalubrious directly-run affair... But I think it would be a great way to ease pressure on all involved, and Cliff would end up with an amp for his trouble!

Does anyone think this could work? There could perhaps be polls to see what amp has the most interest... with enough people chipping in, it could be a small amount of recompense for the work that goes in, and another way of thanking Cliff for his trouble. Obviously you are all already buying the Cab Packs and so on. ;)

Good day all, and rawk on!

Ben

Already been done. People have chipped in to send an amp (or amps). It was awhile ago, so I don't remember details... Either way, there's a thread specifically for the 'I have this..do you want to model it?'

Cliff is the final arbiter of whether an amp gets modeled. So many amps are SMALL variations on existing circuits that the effort is not worth the result.

Already been done. People have chipped in to send an amp (or amps). It was awhile ago, so I don't remember details... Either way, there's a thread specifically for the 'I have this..do you want to model it?'

Cliff is the final arbiter of whether an amp gets modeled. So many amps are SMALL variations on existing circuits that the effort is not worth the result.

I understand, but is that not sending an amp owned by a member? What I meant was the forum chipping in to buy one new (or used), and give it to Cliff. The difference being he could keep it or sell it, and get a form of recompense for his time.

Presumably that would be checked before purchase, ie when an amp is being decided on as a community, that would be a relevant factor in the decision.

Just an idea :)

Again, Cliff is the final arbiter on all this. I'm sure he'd do it if it showed up at his door with a schematic nailed to the top, but what amp do you have in mind? It's not like we've missed some critical amp.

IMO we have all variations on themes now with amps. Fender, Mesa, Marshall, Boutique, and so many variants on these.

I'd be much more in the camp of a kickstarter type thing to make stock IR's/CAB's part of the package (not just what we have gratis, but a more comprehensive supply as opposed to the commercial one's offered now.) But that may be like putting the toothpaste back in the tube at this point...

Back
Top Bottom