Is this a defective unit? *Preset Uploaded* Low gain, muddy tone etc.

Hello, I bought a used Axe FX 2 I can't get good tones out of it. I had problems such as low gain, muddy tone etc.

I uploaded my preset and this is what I hear with these settings.

Please try my preset and share your result. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• test1.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 7
  • test1.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 9
What are you monitoring with?

Did you perform a system reset?

Is global Amp Modeling enabled?

I don't have an Axe Fx II anymore so I can't help with trying the preset.

What are you monitoring with?

Did you perform a system reset?

Is global Amp Modeling enabled?

I don't have an Axe Fx II anymore so I can't help with trying the preset.
I am monitoring with a headphone, ATH - M50X.

I have performed system reset. Global amp modelling enabled.

Hi!
My suggestion, to find out if you're dealing with a defective unit:
- load a Leon Todd video and hear from the same PA if your sound is similar or not..!

Hi!
My suggestion, to find out if you're dealing with a defective unit:
- load a Leon Todd video and hear from the same PA if your sound is similar or not..!
Yes, that's when I noticed a problem. He loaded up an amp with stock settings and his sound was great even from the beginning. I wonder if my unit is defective or my guitar...

Have you restored the unit to factory by any chance?
I tried that, several times. Even performed a software upgrade.

I will try your preset later when at my axe fx, but for now, Have you set up input levels? What are the settings of the input gate? What type of guitar, pickups, tone knob?

I will try your preset later when at my axe fx, but for now, Have you set up input levels? What are the settings of the input gate? What type of guitar, pickups, tone knob?
Guitar is Schecter Apocalypse E1. Input level is at 85%, doesn't matter if I use it at 20% or 100%. Tone knob is at max level.

How are you monitoring your axe fx? on my rig your preset is very boomy and clipping output on scenes 1,5 very quiet on output but still bass boomy on scenes 2,3,7,8 not to bad on scene 6 which has plenty of gain for my ear. scene 4 is totally to much gain and clipping the output a little bit.

ok I see now you are using head phones. I think you should maybe try some monitors of some sort. I have mixed results with head phones good and bad.

I can't do that because I live in an apartment. All I have is this pair. So what you hear is different than what I hear, right?
I understand you live in an apartment, but you can't listen to studio monitors?
Yes I assume what I hear is different than what you hear, What I hear is very boomy and has plenty (to much gain for my liking) of gain and volume except scenes 2,3,7,8 were the volume is very low.
When you strum a power chord Are you getting a small flicker of red in the input lights on the front panel?

I understand you live in an apartment, but you can't listen to studio monitors?
Yes I assume what I hear is different than what you hear, What I hear is very boomy and has plenty (to much gain for my liking) of gain and volume except scenes 2,3,7,8 were the volume is very low.
When you strum a power chord Are you getting a small flicker of red in the input lights on the front panel?
In Turkey, everything is too expensive. I can't buy one. I knew there was a problem. Now I wonder If it's the unit or the guitar. I will try with a different guitar to identify the problem. And yes, it is tickling the red.

If you are tickling the red, the guitar output should be strong enough to get plenty of gain. I am not sure why you have your preset set up where the volume varies so much between scenes.

If you are tickling the red, the guitar output should be strong enough to get plenty of gain. I am not sure why you have your preset set up where the volume varies so much between scenes.
I didn't know about that. I only use the first scene. When I switch my to bridge pickup, the signal becomes lower. Maybe the unit is not defective but the guitar is. I will bring it to a luthier. Gonna update the thread.

In an apartment? Ok it’s not “defective” just restore your machine and start from scratch. Not everyone can rock out at +190db like some folks lol

Back
Top Bottom