Is there still a way to make IRs compatible with Axe-Fx Ultra?

Tharpasaurus

Hey Guys,

I know this is a long shot for a pretty old unit, but is it possible to still convert IRs like ownhammer or redwirwez into a format usable by the Axe Ultra? I'm using an ultra as a backup rig and would love to use some more modern IRs with my presets.

The only cabs I have been able to get to work through axe edit are the only three available on axeexchange. All other links I find these days are dead or the files are corrupted. Anyways, any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. Also if anybody has a big dump of old ultra IRs that still work that would be a killer bonus.

After researching more it looks like all the tools used to convert .wav files into .syx readable by axe ultra like axeomatic, aomdsp and jojosyx are not even around anymore.

If I pay for cablab3 is that going to give me an output option for axe 1 format or just axe 2 and above?

After researching more it looks like all the tools used to convert .wav files into .syx readable by axe ultra like axeomatic, aomdsp and jojosyx are not even around anymore.

If I pay for cablab3 is that going to give me an output option for axe 1 format or just axe 2 and above?
If you export as Standard Resolution and not UltraRes, they should work.

I converted a free IR from the old Redwirez sampler pack I had using the latest Cab-Lab. If this works for your unit, you can be confident Cab-Lab 3 conversion works for it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vr62n716phuuatf/5150-Sheffield1200s-SM57-Cap-0_5in.syx?dl=0

Try that out.

Thanks for the reply, it looks like that format is incorrect for the ultra. It didn't give me an error but the file won't load and just has a red icon next to the empty slot in axemanage. The same thing happened with a ton of other archived IRs i have tried.The only three that have worked so far were ones I download from axeechange.

I am going to get a friend of mine to download and attempt to run the old axeomatic utility on his windows 7 machine and see if I can convert the IRs that way. That may be the only option if it even still works.

All of the Redwirez IR's I have bought come with Ultra compatible files. They have an Ultra folder that contains all the files for the cab of choice. They are pretty inexpensive if you know what cab you want.

I was searching the forums today trying to find information regarding converting IR cabs from wav format to sysex for my Ultra.

I tried using Cab Lab 1 to convert one of the free OH Mesa wav cabs to sysex but once I was done then I found it was not compatible with the Ultra (there was a red slash through the icon) so it probably has something to do with being at a higher resolution (or something similar (this is my 1st venture trying to really use IR cabs so my wording/vocabulary/understanding may not be correct)).

In my Redwirez Big Bundle, I found I have a LOT of IR's that will work (you must use the ones for AXE FX (and not for AXE FX II).

I notice when I use the AXE Edit that the compatible IR's will be GREEN and the ones that are incompatible will have a red slash through them :-(

If anyone is still looking at this post and/or trying to determine what to use to convert wav IR's to sysex for the Ultra then check a post I created related to a similar topic.

I was provided with a dropbox link to the AXE-O-Matic software by a forum user and it worked immediately for me for converting wav IR's to sysex.

In fact, it was super quick, and really easy to use the program.

This is the first program that worked for me and I tried several others but with no success (always a red icon with a slash through it).

Now, I don't know if converting them by using this program (or any program) will make us lose any sound quality since there is no way to test it (except with using some cab emulator where you can upload IR's in wav or sysex format).

The OH cabs sounded great so I have no complaints and I am appreciative that one of our fellow forum users took the time to provide me with all of the various options since I had already spent a considerable amount of time looking for a working option :)

Back
Top Bottom