Is there logic/reasoning behind the factory presets from banks A-C?

Fireproof

Inspired
Did a search and couldn’t find an answer.

I’m curious if there’s some sort of reasoning or logic behind the types of presets in the 3 banks? For example, Bank A contains classic or core tones, Bank B contains presets with wilder effects to show off capabilities, and Bank C is something else…

Or is it just a random collection of 384 presets through all three banks?

The reason I’m asking is I’m trying to find a way to quickly free up an extra 100 slots, and looking for a way to easily know which factory presets I want to preserve…. Other than playing each one, writing down which ones I don’t care for or need, then deleting those, etc…

Did a search and couldn’t find an answer.

I’m curious if there’s some sort of reasoning or logic behind the types of presets in the 3 banks? For example, Bank A contains classic or core tones, Bank B contains presets with wilder effects to show off capabilities, and Bank C is something else…

Or is it just a random collection of 384 presets through all three banks?

The reason I’m asking is I’m trying to find a way to quickly free up an extra 100 slots, and looking for a way to easily know which factory presets I want to preserve…. Other than playing each one, writing down which ones I don’t care for or need, then deleting those, etc…
I moved all the factory presets to preset numbers 129-512 (Banks B C & D) which freed up the first 128 slots (Bank A) for all my user presets.

It took about 30-60 min to move them all but I was able to preserve all factory presets and have my own at the front (Bank A), not the back (Bank D)

I moved all the factory presets to preset numbers 129-512 (Banks B C & D) which freed up the first 128 slots (Bank A) for all my user presets.

It took about 30-60 min to move them all but I was able to preserve all factory presets and have my own at the front (Bank A), not the back (Bank D)
Yeah, I was thinking of doing something similar.

My current thought process (which may be dumb) is to end up with this:
A) empty for my own custom presets
B) favorite AustinBuddy presets
C) factory presets
D) factory presets

So to do that, I need to get rid of one bank of factory presets, but just don’t know the best way to find which ones to get rid of besides auditioning every one. I thought if there was some science behind the factory banks like “Bank C is always extreme FX settings” or something like that, it might give me a hint as to which bank to cull…

Yeah, I was thinking of doing something similar.

My current thought process (which may be dumb) is to end up with this:
A) empty for my own custom presets
B) favorite AustinBuddy presets
C) factory presets
D) factory presets

So to do that, I need to get rid of one bank of factory presets, but just don’t know the best way to find which ones to get rid of besides auditioning every one. I thought if there was some science behind the factory banks like “Bank C is always extreme FX settings” or something like that, it might give me a hint as to which bank to cull…
Ha! I like your OCD sir! was thinking of doing the same.

Ha! I like your OCD sir! was thinking of doing the same.
Haha - glad to see I’m not alone. I try not to over-think things like this, but I can’t help it.

Especially being new to fractal, I’m sure I can learn a lot from the factory presets. So I don’t just want to arbitrarily wipe them out. But I need some room to work here, LOL. If only Fractal could make an update that would add an extra couple of banks, then it would be a non-issue. ;)

I think you're overthinking this a bit.

1) Download the factory preset banks.

2) If there are factory presets that you know you like, move them to their own area in your FM9. Then delete everything else.

3) Whenever you want to check out the other factory presets, you can audition them from the banks you downloaded in Step 1.

I think you're overthinking this a bit.

1) Download the factory preset banks.

2) If there are factory presets that you know you like, move them to their own area in your FM9. Then delete everything else.

3) Whenever you want to check out the other factory presets, you can audition them from the banks you downloaded in Step 1.
That makes sense. And I appreciate your reply! And especially the "auditioning feature" which I don't believe exists in Helix where I'm coming from, so maybe I just need to get used to using that.

But I still would like an answer to my question about the presets. Is there any rhyme or reason to what's in the 3 banks or is it all just random? It SEEMS like there are more core/amp based tones in bank A, then more "song specific presets" in bank B, then artist type favorites in bank C. But I'm just wild-ass guessing.

Can anyone verify any kind of logic like that?

With the FM3 I used Bank A for User Presets. B,C, and D I loaded up AustinBuddys Cygnus Live Gold. Prolly do the same on the FM9.

Is there any rhyme or reason to what's in the 3 banks or is it all just random? It SEEMS like there are more core/amp based tones in bank A, then more "song specific presets" in bank B, then artist type favorites in bank C. But I'm just wild-ass guessing.
As you've surmised, bank A highlights core tones and individual Amp/Cab pairings. Any attempt to categorize the other banks would be futile.

Back
Top Bottom