Is there interest in a Axe Patch User Managed website?

Hello,

I am a new Axe-FX user and the help and information available from the forums so far has been great. I am new to the community, so I dont know, what was previously available as far as patches and downloading, although it looks as if there was a patch download website at some time, but now that has been worked into the axe-edit.

I was wondering if there was interest in a website for patch uploads / downloads for the Axe Community. I have the means to develop something that I think would work well, but I wanted to see if this was something of interest to others before spending the time to design, code and develop. I have a pretty good idea of the needs / features needed based on reading the forum and looking for patches myself.

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback.

Thanks

If you have the time, ability and resources then go for it i think it would be a great idea someone taking the initiative!!

Yes I think there would be an interest but it sounds like a non-trivial coding project and one that might get bumped by the work that Fractal will do through Axe-Edit.

If it were to be done, some of the features that I would find useful would be the ability to sort through the data based upon the following keys ( for example ):

Name of Patch : Originator Name : Lead or Rhythm : Musical Style : Typical Song : Amp Developed On : Cab Developed On : Guitar Developed On : Target Amp : Target Cab

These can be input on the form that the originator fills out to upload the patch - maybe with field options in pull-downs and wild card options for searches.

Thanks for thinking about contributing this and good luck if you decide to pursue it ...

Thanks for the comments....

You will be able to search the database and organize the patches by certain fields, it would be account based so users
that wanted to upload and manage their patches could do so, you can browse and download with any account required.

I will begin the process of laying things out and working on the design. I cant give a definite development time-line, but I can update the forum as things progress...

Thanks

I don't think this is a very difficult site to build at all.

Cool idea :)

EDIT - if the OP needs a hand I'll help.

It's actually called Axe Exchange and I'm not sure if it's still in operation. I believe it has had mixed reviews as a preset that I build for my situation my not really work that well for you and your audio support line.

If your going to tackle this a good idea would be to put presets into an amplification type category that would be relative to what type of gear that person has built the preset for. Example: If someone is using Amp and Cab have a section for that, same thing for FR and there different types as well. This way it's easer to find a preset that will work for your live gear or recording situation.

If this were a year ago I'd have said "Go for it!".

Nowadays Axe-Edit is much more stable and prospects for the Preset-manager seem such that I think you might be wasting your time.
Axe-Change in the improved version should be searchable and have some sort of rating system, IIRC.
Of course there's no telling when that will be finished, could be next week or next year, or in two years time. But I'm sure it will come.

You can post patches in threads on this forum too, it's just not very transparent...

A Webbased Axechange like in the old days would be nice for people who don't want to connect their recording DAW with the internet, because they want to run run their daw save....

I think its a great idea. AxeChange has been real rudimentary for me, and something improved would be greatly appreciated.

I think it'd be fantastic if it has pre-defined categories too (such as genre, gain-type, humbuckers/single-coils, etc). Too often sites like these have user-defined categories, which makes searching or sorting automatically almost impossible.

Kilo November said:
I think its a great idea. AxeChange has been real rudimentary for me, and something improved would be greatly appreciated.

I think it'd be fantastic if it has pre-defined categories too (such as genre, gain-type, humbuckers/single-coils, etc). Too often sites like these have user-defined categories, which makes searching or sorting automatically almost impossible.

Agreed.

Something with these pre-defined categories would be awesome. I'm sure AxeChange is great, but something web based would be great.

I had started a Django project that was meant for hosting AxeFx patches. It's in github. Let me get the latest changes that are on my hard drive pushed back to github and I'll post the link. The idea was you'd post a patch and it'd auto-dissect it, show the settings. And then you could tag it with meta data that'd be searchable.

Taking a quick look back at AXE-Edit/ Axe exchange, I think the most glaring info lacking, is the firmware used in patch creation.That should be in the patch listings menu in a very obvious place.
I think a secondary website as you suggest wouldn't hurt.After you've looked at Axe-edit, go for it!
Thanks, OS

Back
Top Bottom