Is there in the market?...

ValentinC

Hi, i don´t know how to name them, but... Is there in the market anything to cover your back sockets (jacks, midi, xlr, spdif, usb, etc) so they don´t get dust, water, etc if toy are not using them?
Like a protective cap...
thanks

you got a mate with a 3d printer?
Thanks
Pauly

Hi, i don´t know how to name them, but... Is there in the market anything to cover your back sockets (jacks, midi, xlr, spdif, usb, etc) so they don´t get dust, water, etc if toy are not using them?
Like a protective cap...
thanks

Most of the jacks are closed on the inside. Besides, how would using dummy plugs differ in any way to actually having cables plugged into all of those jacks. Do you honestly think fractal would design a unit that would overheat if you plug in cables in all the jacks? Not only that, purposefully moving air into your signal contacts would be just begging for connection problems when the jacks would inevitably get choked with dust.

You completely misinterpret my point, but nice strawman--I'm not advocating for dummy plugs; I guess the winky face got past you. Dust gets in regardless , so I think it's a waste of time to worry about covering up the jacks, especially if, as you said, most are closed on the inside.

Danny W.

if you're doing a beach gig where you're worried about sand, you could simply apply some gaff tape. probably gonna get sucked in anyway though. I just wait til the end of the season and clean it out. chalk it up to annual maintenance. never had a problem with other gear, this should be fine too.

Back
Top Bottom