is there anything I could do in the amp block to make the mark IV models sound more like the V?

Try transformer match if you want smoother or stiffer sound... or negative feedback... try cutting the low before preamp for djenter tone... more low for "farting" sound... try playing with bias...

I think I remember someone saying to get the sound of the extreme mode to set the negative feedback to zero.

I'm not a Mesa guy but my understanding was that the Mark V is just a "collection" of the previous Mark series amps in one unit?

I have never owned a Mark IV but I own a MKIII and a MkV... I always preferred MKIV mode to the MkIIC mode or extreme mode, and on MarkIV mode I was able to get the same feel and response etc I was used to from my MkIII after a lot of work, but the MkV always was a bit tighter and more raw/modern than the MKIII. So I guess my point is I don't know that there is something glaring that you're missing, the MKIV sound is in the MKV and the MKV is kinda of the all Marks in one and has a lot of different sounds., so I don't think you can say that "x" is the MKV sound, except for it being more raw and tighter than the rest of the Mark series. Hope that sheds some light... do you have any Mesas?

Back
Top Bottom