Is there anyone more impressive than John Mayer?

Yep, not only hit the jackpot with the ladies but he's a brilliant guitar player and musician. I must keep practicing.

Yeah, I like him and hate him at the same time. I like how he plays guitar and his taste in women, but hate the fact that I will never be him haha.

Q: Is there anyone more impressive than John Mayer?

A: Yes. On Veteran's Day, the countless number of Americans who have served in the military to protect our country and Constitution. I am more impressed by every single one of them far more than any pop music icon. Now, if John Mayer served in the military, I might see your point. Jimi Hendrix served in the Army. John Mayer is no Jimi Hendrix.

Yes there are allot of guitarist in the world unknown and known that compare to John Mayor. So many great players everywhere you can find them on YouTube.

Yes there are allot of guitarist in the world unknown and known that compare to John Mayor. So many great players everywhere you can find them on YouTube.

well+obviously+you+missed+the+joke+_2a9c138174ad078ccc8613c51487fcc1.jpg

It's really no wonder that most guitar players can't come close to eeking out a living doing what they supposedly love because all they seem to do is look for faults or cut up others. YouTube is full of that and it just stinks of jealousy.

i appreciate the respect he gives to former players with expert execution of their sounds and techniques in his own music.

his personal life, i don't care about and i can separate that from his musical contributions.

I respect his guitar playing, but I simply cant stand his voice or the pop crap he sent out.
So IMO yes there are alot (really really alot) that are more impressive then him.
If only he would stick to just playing blues and stop singing :)

I think John Mayer "The Model Slayer" is simply one of the best musicians and Guitar players out there' he is incredibly soulful and has one of the best tones in the world'
Watch "Where the Light is" DVD if you don't believe me' Lots of people are very jealous of him and why here is why' He is a Multi-Millionaire' Grammy awarded World class Guitar player' who sells epic amounts of albums around the world' has nailed some of the hottest women on the planet' has a huge Vintage guitar and amp collection including rare Dumble's' and gets paid vast amounts to Play Guitars all day long' and got there through hard work and talent alone. Nuff said.

I think John Mayer "The Model Slayer" is simply one of the best musicians and Guitar players out there' he is incredibly soulful and has one of the best tones in the world'
Watch "Where the Light is" DVD if you don't believe me' Lots of people are very jealous of him and why here is why' He is a Multi-Millionaire' Grammy awarded World class Guitar player' who sells epic amounts of albums around the world' has nailed some of the hottest women on the planet' has a huge Vintage guitar and amp collection including rare Dumble's' and gets paid vast amounts to Play Guitars all day long' and got there through hard work and talent alone. Nuff said.

He is a great guitar player no doubt there and frankly I am glad that he is doing well while being a really talented guitar player. I think jealousy is a really lame thing,if any talented guy is doing well we should all be happy but with that said the question was is there anyone more impressive than John Mayer,well yes there are definitely other guitar players that are extremely impressive for example Richie Kotzen. That guy is not only a phenomenal guitar player but has a fantastic voice and has a natural talent for writing killer songs.

Q: Is there anyone more impressive than John Mayer?

A: Yes. On Veteran's Day, the countless number of Americans who have served in the military to protect our country and Constitution. I am more impressed by every single one of them far more than any pop music icon. Now, if John Mayer served in the military, I might see your point. Jimi Hendrix served in the Army. John Mayer is no Jimi Hendrix.

America......... How about the Finnish army which was able to defeat the Soviet Union in the second world war although we're just a small country? :D

Still I don't get how you can compare music to killing people. I think war is always bad. Being a patriot and liking music are not the same thing for me at least. Music doesn't kill (except for Norwegian death metal).

Mayer's a top songwriter and a very decent player (Of guitar...ahem!) but he ain't no Nuno!

I respect his guitar playing, but I simply cant stand his voice or the pop crap he sent out.
So IMO yes there are alot (really really alot) that are more impressive then him.
If only he would stick to just playing blues and stop singing :)

Agreed. I regurgitate a little every time he opens his mouth, and his music sounds like its had plastic surgery. He's ok at guitar, though.

Reactions: Ole
He's a great player and songwriter. The way he plays guitar on recordings supports the song, not the other way around, and I like that a lot. Fantastic tones too. Not a fan of his voice.

I think he's much more than a decent player. Ever tried to play Neon?

Mayer has written some damn good songs over the last 15 years. He is also very talented lyrically, and Continuum is one of the best sounding records I have heard... period. The mixes on that record are top notch, which says a lot about the song writing and arrangements. I don't like much pop or blues, or whatever you wanna call his style, but his playing definitely doesnt sound like it had plastic surgery. That could be said about a lot of musicians but not him.

Back
Top Bottom