Is there anyone better than Glen Hughes ??

Jimmytwotimes

Experienced
Just got his new solo record, Resonate. Totally kicks ass, Soren Andersen is guitarist on it who also has a great performance on this record.
He is just so consistently awesome in rock with everything he has done - and hes 64 !! Gives us old farts some hope ! I'll be looking forward to a new Black Country Communion album with Joe B next year !
:p

Love his voice -really wanted more of the BCC songs to be better. Awesome players of course but 80% of all the material was not the best songs imho.

I will listen to his new album right now!!

Still listen to the Hughes/Thrall band first album. Amazing he still sings like that.

Hughes is a legend...his work with thrall to me is his best ever!!...which brings me to....has anyone got some tips on how to get thrall's guitar sound?...

I just discovered Trapeze and I am loving the album Medusa. Great riffing on there by Mel Galley. Inspired me to develop some plexi presets to jam along with it.

My wife and I just listened to made in Europe... Wow what a band.... And what a bass player. I think she's in love with Ian paice ...no wait...that's me!
Thanks
Pauly

Yes to all ! He has had an amazing career. Hoping to see him live at some point.
I remember reading the the Toni Iommi book - Toni was talking about Glen and how he was impossible to keep up with. He just had all these ideas all the time and was super intense. That might explain his success at his age. Rock on Glen !

Back
Top Bottom