Is there any way to do this?

Loopback777

Inspired
I have 2 presests with 2 amp and 2 cab blocks (each). I'd like to be able to use an expression pedal to gradually go from one to the other (mixing their tones).

Run both signal chains into a mixer block, and then set both of the relevant mixer channels to be controlled by your external pedal, one with a normal slope and the other inverted. This way, as the level of one chain is decreased, the other in increased.

I thought about that, but how do I do it with 2 amp and 2 cab blocks for each? I can only fit that many in each preset. I was thinking there might be a way with the X/Y system, but I can't figure it out.

I thought about that, but how do I do it with 2 amp and 2 cab blocks for each? I can only fit that many in each preset. I was thinking there might be a way with the X/Y system, but I can't figure it out.

Doh!, I didn't read closely enough. Yeah, you would need two units. X/Y doesn't mix, it only switches. If they incorporated mixing into X/Y, the unit would effectively double the load on its processors, as both presets would have to be loaded simultaneously in real time to mix them.

I'm in the process of recreating presets. On the Ultra I had 2 seperate presets - set up with 2 amps and 2 cabs each. I always hated how abruptly I'd go from clean to crunch and vice versa. I was in Ultra mode today when I asked the question and was setting things up with 2 each again. I did it the regular way with the mixing block (thanks shemihazazel) and only one amp and one cab for each side. With the AF2 I could get the sound that I needed out of one of each. I couldn't get it (to my ears and programming ability) with the Ultra. This thing is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom