Is there any news like a start shipping?

Same here I really just wanna get cracking with my new fx-8 board and stop carting my big heavy board around.

"No date has been announced buit it hopefully will be soon." That's what I got yesterday. Doesn't sound very optimisitc. Glad I haven't sold off my old pedalboard. Think it's going to be awhile for the 1st large production run.

Yes, all replies have been dangling the word "hopefully". While I'm hopeful right along with them, I wouldn't expect this thing to actually be out any time soon. Bummer.

I'm betting notices go out inside of the next 7 days.

I have absolutely no unpublished data to base this prediction on so please don't blow up my instant message box with requests for the details

One unbreakable law of the universe is that if you sell gear in anticipation of a wait list, the product will be delayed. Now we know who to blame. :)

'Hope' is not a planning tool; I really feel that FAS should he more open and announce a definitive shipping date, even if it's June or July. I'm sure that everyone appreciates that the product has to be right before it goes out of the door, but the silence is deafening and just generates angst amongst a lot of patient purchasers (including me) who are on the wait list, particularly those (again, including myself) who are selling gear to enable purchase of the FX8.

Last edited:
If not a word has been said my money is going toward a G system.

I will just have to wait till they are old news.

Because truthfully this is getting insane...

I have felt that way frequently, but I know I would ultimately be unhappy with everything else on the market offering "all in one" effects. The g-system is great, but the tone suck would drive me crazy. It would be a huge compromise. So rather than an impatient, irrational, emotional purchase, I'll wait. It will be worth it.

That being said, I would love to be menu diving in the FX8 by next week.

If not a word has been said my money is going toward a G system.

I will just have to wait till they are old news.

Because truthfully this is getting insane...

I feel your pain and I'm almost there with you. I'm trying my best to hold on. I have a studio session, here in Nashville, in a 10 days and chances are it won't be here by then (unless it comes out today, I'm in the first group for ordering, and they ship it tomorrow). Scrambling to borrow some effects for the session as most of mine have been sold off to be able to afford the FX8 the second my name get's called. Unfortunately I do not have an extra $1400 laying around.

It has been over 6 months now since I signed up for the waitlist and it's tough to hold on. I looked at the G-System as well but it hasn't had an update since 2011. I will hold on for a short while longer. Hopefully I'll be in the first group to order. If not, I'd hate to know how much longer it will be for round 2. If that's the case then I may have to take my business elsewhere, as well, as much as it pains me to do so.

Fractal has this market on lock. There is no one doing it as well as they do. I guess that's why we wait with bated breath.

Fractal has this market on lock. There is no one doing it as well as they do. I guess that's why we wait with bated breath.

That's exactly right. Pick your poison. Be patient and wait for the superior product, or scratch the immediate itch now with an inferior product. 1 year, 2 years or 3 years from now I know what I'll wish I'd done.

I'd just like to say that the people that are frustrated about the FX8 holdup have every right to feel that way. It has become hilarious at this point, almost like a bad joke. Unfortunately, waiting is not always an option for working musicians and it's not really an immediate itch at this point. It's like a 6 month case of jock itch. Having nice guitar effects is a necessity for those of us who like a little flavor in our playing and my delay and phaser just ain't cutting it anymore.

I signed up for the wait-list the day it was announced. "Out in Q4" was listed as the release. I'm sure, like me, some people do not have $1400 laying around in a drawer. I knew I had a few months of down time with my band so I sold 90% of my effects to fund the FX8. I couldn't wait until it was available, then try to sell my stuff and hope I could gather the money before my "turn" was passed by. So, Q4 passed and it was then listed as "Out in Q1". We are now in Q2. I've muddled thru 3 months of writing and 3 more months of pre-production by using plugins or having no effects at rehearsals. But now live shows and studio sessions (in 9 days) are on the horizon. I will get thru the studio time with borrowed effects from a few friends. But unfortunately, if it is still not in my possession by next month when gigs start happening, I will have to give up on it and use the $1400 for another option.

Just a thought: It would be really cool if Fractal had weekly updates or videos/photos of the process of making the unit (even the problems they are having). In 6 months we've had a handful of posts and a few videos on YouTube. It's almost like it's Bigfoot. Does it exist? There have been random sightings.

Fractal has to understand people's frustration and I'm willing to bet they are frustrated themselves. So let's get these things shipped. You can overnight mine. That is all. Peace.

Last edited:
You're dead right. FAS would have a lot more credibility if they fessed up, told us the issues and gave a definitive, no BS release date. Every deadline comes and goes, and quick as a flash........nothing. Very disappointed.

ou're dead right. FAS would have a lot more credibility if they fessed up, told us the issues and gave a definitive, no BS release date. Every deadline comes and goes, and quick as a flash........nothing. Very disappointed.
No deadlines have ever been offered—only target release times.

TBH, I don't get the fuss about asking FAS to give a final, do-or-die date. If they did, it would be exactly like...what company?...actually, I can't think of any company that does that, or any company that's more transparent about how they do business. You plan a release date, and shit happens. Maybe a vendor sends you a batch of parts that aren't up to snuff. You just lost a few weeks. Maybe a feature turns out to be trickier to implement than you'd planned. That happens to every company. More time lost. Fractal's turn-around time beats pretty much every other musical-product company out there. People who question their credibility haven't taken a very close look at their competition.

One more "to-be-honest" moment: If you sell off critical equipment to purchase a product that isn't even available yet—especially one that has a waiting list—you accepted that risk on your own. You wouldn't sell your one-and-only car just because Toyota will come out with a better car in a few months. :)

I get your frustration, but I can guarantee that Fractal is just as eager to get these on the market as you are to have them available.

If FAS didn't mention anything, when the suddenly new FX8 comes out, many people would be mad they didn't know and just bought _______ whatever.

IIRC, the stated reason for the delay was production quality issues. If I was buying one, I'd prefer they iron that out before they start shipping. Thankfully that's how they roll.

Back
Top Bottom