Is there an 'idiot's' guide for setting up 4CM?

Georgy

Inspired
When I say idiots, I'm referring to people like me!!

I've tried following a video or two on youtube, trying to get 4CM method happening and it's just working :confused::( Surely there has to be a clip or concise info somewhere?? What I'm really referring to is, is there a video or are there images/diagrams/PDFs etc that show you what-plugs-into-what? Something like that would be super handy.

In the same time, my amp doesn't have midi on it, so I'll need to use an RJM Amp Gizmo to change channels.. SO, if there is SOMETHING out there that can assist with this, it would be awesome too!

Thanks in advance guys!

Guitar to Front Input
Axe Out 2 to Amp Instrument input
Amp FX Send to Axe Input 2
Axe Out 1 to Amp FX Return

remove the Amp and Cab blocks from your preset, place the FX Loop there instead (and any gaps put a Shunt of course). turn up both Out 1 and Out 2 knobs on the front panel.

i've already done that process for the first bank of Factory Presets, changing from FRFR use to 4cm use. i have 1 bank done, which you can use: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9wo2kprtcjf4ke/Bank-A-4-cable-method.syx?dl=0

Last edited:
Guitar to Front Input
Axe Out 2 to Amp Instrument input
Amp FX Send to Axe Input 2
Axe Out 1 to Amp FX Return

remove the Amp and Cab blocks from your preset, place the FX Loop there instead (and any gaps put a Shunt of course). turn up both Out 1 and Out 2 knobs on the front panel.

i've already done that process for the first bank of Factory Presets, changing from FRFR use to 4cm use. i have 1 bank done, which you can use: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9wo2kprtcjf4ke/Bank-A-4-cable-method.syx?dl=0

Thanks, I've at least got sound (thanks heaps man) but somthing isn't quite right though.. I'm getting a louder-than-usual hum, which is bizarre.. almost like when your lead is unplugged from the guitar..?? Can I substitute the TRS cables that I'm using for normal guitar leads?

Thanks, I've at least got sound (thanks heaps man) but somthing isn't quite right though.. I'm getting a louder-than-usual hum, which is bizarre.. almost like when your lead is unplugged from the guitar..?? Can I substitute the TRS cables that I'm using for normal guitar leads?

You need to use Humbusters. Those TRS cables can be converted to Humbusters by soldering a TS end on one end, soldering the ring to sleeve.

Fractal products use AC power and utilize a chassis ground, so ground loops are almost guaranteed, hence the Humbuster output technology to remove ground loop hum.

Thanks Fraze.. watched that a few times, took notes, replicated and still had not a lot of luck.

I also noticed the volume is quite low, or perhaps not quite loud enough.. Both dials on the Axe were maxed, and I had the volume on the FX loop maxed, AND, the volume on the front of the amp was on 12noon!! Where should I then turn it up? In the FX Loop block in the Axe??

Thanks mate.

Hey George. Checkout my 4CM patch on the Axe Exchange.
If you follow the vid you'll also need to check your pad settings (set to +12) & also check your input/output settings in the IN/OUT master sections.
Max output 2 control knob; output 1 should be your 'master volume' - set this to about 12-1pm.

Back
Top Bottom