Is there an easy way to keep up on firmware updates??

Status
Not open for further replies.
With getting on for 34K registered users and the expanding family of products I don't think the forum ( forums? forae? potato?) is/are going to be ever exactly 'dead'.

Not everyone posts ..... but plenty will search, read and learn what they need to know at their own speed ... which is a major role in any discussion board.

Many others go privately direct to support for advice I'm sure .... because let's face it ... many discussion boards are the playgrounds of trolls or other kinds of protagonists and can be a big turn off.

Just give it time. When there is something exciting coming down the pike, we'll all know about it. It will either be from Cliff or someone else in his camp. Time heals all wounds.

We just came off of three yrs of constant growth. The little company grew up and has now leveled off a bit.

We love Fractal and Company because what they have done for us. We continue to support them, because they are our family. We will protect them and this company, because that's what we do. If Cliff disappears for awhile, that is good he is still the Matriarch of this company, and he's not spending any less time on making it a great company.
The reality is that, Now we will hear from Matt and Joe and Michael and others a lot more. Nothing wrong with that.

All is good.

Last edited:
I used to be more active, but I still come and read every few days. I've definitely noticed the forum get quieter over the past few years, but I think that's because the unit has become easier to use, thus resulting in fewer simple questions.

This thread seems to be about feeling neglected, mourning the loss of feeling connected to the "cool kid". No doubt Cliff is an amazing individual who has enriched all of our lives through his creativity, intelligence, persistence, drive toward perfection, openness, and humility to accept exacting feedback and use it to make things better.

All that said, he's just a human and it seems pretty daunting to create all this expectation for his life to revolve around the forum. I can't imagine the strain of having a bazillion people hanging on my every word, waiting to make virtual "eye contact" and be acknowledged by me.

We have great products and a great community of folks that answer questions and give useful feedback, including zealous individuals and representatives of the company. That is enough for me, and it keeps me coming back and trying to contribute what I can.

I'm a bit disappointed. I would expect a fearless leader not to run and hide and abandon ship but to fight back harder.
I wish there was anything I could do or say to convince you all to not be afraid of Internet trolling (threats).

In my opinion you give the troll too much credit/credibility/importance.... But that's your call, and this, my opinion. Have a nice day!

I can't speak for anyone else, but please try to reserve your judgment if possible. This went way beyond "ur mom" jokes, so your support is much appreciated.

This thread is turning into a duplicate of a previous thread which was closed, so let's please keep it on topic of "where to get notified for FW updates."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom