Is there an easy way to keep up on firmware updates??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you don't think that Cliff might ever respond indirectly through other representatives of the company who probably might be sitting right next to the man himself while typing out a response ? Or that he's not ever going to read the forums, or if there is something he should be aware of that "M" et al, can't yell down the hall "Hey Cliff, what do you think about this" ?

Apparently you believe that Cliff is going into hiding underground and isn't going to have any direct input over the day to day running of the company ?

That is not what I wrote. I believe information will now be dispensed indirectly, which makes it, at best, once-removed from the source and more difficult to locate. Cliff often sent posts off-the-cuff after reading a user comment or question. I do believe that the variety and frequency of this type of input will now be drastically reduced. Disagree if you like.

I wish we could all get together and do something awesome for Cliff like he has done so many times for us.
We should keep this community positive and helpful to one another. I feel that is what it was intended to be. I have been a little sad since Cliff posted his situation and his decision to stay low for a while. I really enjoy seeing his interactions with the community and of course, his epiphanies and plethora of firmware updates.
OP, a firmware update notification would be cool for all members who might want to be notified via email. Is there one maybe?

Pitch in and get him a tesla??

I'm in:

teslademo.jpg

When I come to the forum, the first thing I do is go to his profile page to look at his postings. If there are none, there isn't much for me to learn concerning the development of the II. While the forum still has topics of interest, direct input from the primary designer, coder, and owner of the company is the main reason I come to the forum. It is still a community with great people who are experts in related fields, but the main source of information on the II has been silenced.

I'd also say that I think there is ALWAYS something to learn regarding the Axe from the likes of Simeon, Yek etc
That is not what I wrote. I believe information will now be dispensed indirectly, which makes it, at best, once-removed from the source and more difficult to locate. Cliff often sent posts off-the-cuff after reading a user comment or question. I do believe that the variety and frequency of this type of input will now be drastically reduced. Disagree if you like.

Okay, so lets say Cliff responds "indirectly" but telling "M" what to write. Is that really going to hurt the dispersion of information to that significant of degree ?

Maybe Cliff will go ahead and sit down at the keyboard and type out a response himself, just not under his name.

I'm just not seeing how this is going to hurt the overall product, or its develop, other than if you literally hang on each and every word/post Cliff writes on a daily basis.....

I'd also say that I think there is ALWAYS something to learn regarding the Axe from the likes of Simeon, Yek etc

Okay, so lets say Cliff responds "indirectly" but telling "M" what to write. Is that really going to hurt the dispersion of information to that significant of degree ?

Maybe Cliff will go ahead and sit down at the keyboard and type out a response himself, just not under his name.

I'm just not seeing how this is going to hurt the overall product, or its develop, other than if you literally hang on each and every word/post Cliff writes on a daily basis.....

Many members and mods have much to contribute. And Cliff may respond through others on occasion. That is not my point; never was. CC by proxy isn't the same as CC. This is not intended to denigrate anyone. Communication is not as direct, not as spontaneous, not as efficient, and I believe will not be as frequent. Few company owners communicate directly with the customers. Fractal was an exception, and this exception was part of the reason that Fractal is "exceptional". It still is, but direct communication with Cliff will be sorely missed by many, including myself. That's what I am conveying. Disagree...again...if you like.

<<--- Chopped liver.

You're not chopped liver bro, matter of fact you and Cliff have helped me A LOT over the years with basic info, technical and even repairs on some of my stuff, and recently you helped me get the Ultra Ir's for my cab pack as you might recall. I think some of us are just sad because Cliff was a special person who will be great missed. Cliff is that person who you would love to have a beer with and shoot the shit he's an interesting person who has a lot to offer this world and when someone like that walks away from anything it's difficult. But that doesn't negate how we appreciate you and others Matt, so hopefully my post will make you feel more needed haha.

Just finding out about this now and I am really amazed. Makes me sad.
I hope it doesn't affect the forum too much. This forum is great! Sure one can want Fractal to make different choices or not agree with something or want more effects or whatever but then you can have a healthy discussion and still respect the FAS philosophy. It hurts me that one (or a few) individual(s) spoil it for everyone else. Same thing what happened in Brussels and Paris and Nice and many other places in the word. If you leave the forum they have exactly what they want and they 'won'. Maybe for now it is better to back off but after this has been faded I hope Cliff and everyone else will return to this forum.

Anyway, good luck to Cliff!

I don't post very often - fighting to reach 10 posts after 4 years with my Fx II.....and damn good years - and not much to add.......I totally agree with bodde and redd and others.....it makes me sad that one idiot can ruin so much for so many......damn sometimes I hate people

The forum will be fine. Don't stop visiting because of some negative jerk. I like to stop in and check out peoples recordings, some IR info, and anything FA related. It's a community and it will not be wrecked by a negative person. I am sure sometime down the road as things progress Cliff might pop back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom