Is there an easy way to keep up on firmware updates??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpeterson

Axe-Master
without the forum? Because I think i'm done on the forum too. too much negativity, now cliff is gone, seems like it's dying anyway.

without the forum? Because I think i'm done on the forum too. too much negativity, now cliff is gone, seems like it's dying anyway.

I think both FractalBot and Axe Edit will tell you when there is new firmware ... it's a weird time in the world right now, I've just learned to play more and ignore negativity as best I can.

Heck, at least this forum is fairly insulated against all the global uprising/war nonsense; try being part of a firearms forum in today's climate ... holy guacamole.

Besides, forum participation here for me is really about helping people with similar passions, not just getting FAS FW update notices :)

Last edited:
Seems drastic.

And maybe you're just seeing more negativity now. Believe me, as a moderator, it's ALWAYS there. Choose what you read in that case.

There are very many great people on this board. Focus on that. Do not imagine things have changed drastically 'because Cliff is not around'.
And it's quiet lately here because it's been a very long time since new FW was teased or introduced. That's the ONLY reason.

Ron

So maybe this is why we have the 2nd Amendment...No law abiding citizen should feel threatened in this Country (especially ones that are great contributors to our lives like Fractal)! We can't let the defective units win...send them back to the factory for recycling. Quite a few good men (my son is a State Trooper and Marine Gunny Sgt and I am a Veteran) that have fought and died to protect our freedom and peace.

Stay well Cliff and Company...Love is the only thing that wins in the end.

<<--- Chopped liver.

I doubt anyone thinks you are chopped liver. But no matter how knowledgeable or tied-in with Cliff any moderator or forum user is, he/she is not Cliff. When I come to the forum, the first thing I do is go to his profile page to look at his postings. If there are none, there isn't much for me to learn concerning the development of the II. While the forum still has topics of interest, direct input from the primary designer, coder, and owner of the company is the main reason I come to the forum. It is still a community with great people who are experts in related fields, but the main source of information on the II has been silenced.

I doubt anyone thinks you are chopped liver. But no matter how knowledgeable or tied-in with Cliff any moderator or forum user is, he/she is not Cliff. When I come to the forum, the first thing I do is go to his profile page to look at his postings. If there are none, there isn't much for me to learn concerning the development of the II. While the forum still has topics of interest, direct input from the primary designer, coder, and owner of the company is the main reason I come to the forum. It is still a community with great people who are experts in related fields, but the main source of information on the II has been silenced.

So you don't think that Cliff might ever respond indirectly through other representatives of the company who probably might be sitting right next to the man himself while typing out a response ? Or that he's not ever going to read the forums, or if there is something he should be aware of that "M" et al, can't yell down the hall "Hey Cliff, what do you think about this" ?

Apparently you believe that Cliff is going into hiding underground and isn't going to have any direct input over the day to day running of the company ?

So you don't think that Cliff might ever respond indirectly through other representatives of the company who probably might be sitting right next to the man himself while typing out a response ? Or that he's not ever going to read the forums, or if there is something he should be aware of that "M" et al, can't yell down the hall "Hey Cliff, what do you think about this" ?

Apparently you believe that Cliff is going into hiding underground and isn't going to have any direct input over the day to day running of the company ?
He's saying that we won't have Cliff chiming in and being the wealth of knowledge he has been to date. I'm with him there - now that Cliff has both said and shown that he intends to be silent, I find myself visiting less and less.

So maybe this is why we have the 2nd Amendment...No law abiding citizen should feel threatened in this Country (especially ones that are great contributors to our lives like Fractal)! We can't let the defective units win...send them back to the factory for recycling. Quite a few good men (my son is a State Trooper and Marine Gunny Sgt and I am a Veteran) that have fought and died to protect our freedom and peace.

Stay well Cliff and Company...Love is the only thing that wins in the end.

There aren't enough face palms in the world to respond to this... :rolleyes:
-
Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom