Is there a way to turn off the LEDs when a button is not active?

karmar

Inspired
Is there a way to turn off the LEDs when a button is not active? If not, why not? Is there some reason for leaving it half on?

There is, but probably not what you're asking for.

The paradigm of the FCs is generically this:

Effect is in the preset and active: ON
Effect is in the preset and bypassed: DIM
Effect is NOT in the preset: OFF

There's separate settings for the Ring Intensity Bright and Dim levels in the FC Controllers > Config menu. You can turn down the dim level to 1% there but you can't turn it off completely.

I assume you ask because you are having the same problem as me: I play in a cover band and we have 30 songs in our setlist, each with its own preset in my Axe III. On my FC-12 I have scene 1-5 on the lower row (I never need more than 5) plus preset dec/inc on the right. I want the scenes to light up only when they are active in a preset. Lets say for Preset "Paradise City" I only have 3 scenes. Then I want the scenes 4 and 5 to remain dark on the footcontroller.

You can do that with the "per preset" function and its quite easy (youtube tutorials). The active scene lights brighter than the passive one so you see where you are, and the ones you are not using in this preset are just dark. That helps a lot when playing live and changing from preset to preset.

Its not possible to turn off the mini display itself though. But that doesnt distract me too much.

Back
Top Bottom