Is there a way to trigger the Looper display using midi?

luckymethod

Inspired
Hello folks, I tried searching the forum but I couldn't find anything pertinent. I'm setting up my Axe 3 with a Nektar Pacer (the FC-6 or 12 are a little expensive for me atm) and I would like to trigger the looper screen on my axe unit when I turn the looper on. I have mapped all the other controls no problem but I haven't found a way to get to that screen using the midi controller. I'm starting to suspect it's not possible but I wanted to confirm before I go out and make a feature request :)

You're trying to trigger the looper functions or just make the looper block appear on the screen?

For the former see the Looper page of the Midi/Remote menu.

I don't believe there's a way to remotely make the looper block appear on the screen. Even with the FCs...

Just curious - what benefit does this get you?

You're trying to trigger the looper functions or just make the looper block appear on the screen?

For the former see the Looper page of the Midi/Remote menu.

I don't believe there's a way to remotely make the looper block appear on the screen. Even with the FCs...

Just curious - what benefit does this get you?
A clear visual of which part of the loop it’s currently playing and how long it is. Super useful.

There might be a SysEx command for this (Axe-Edit for the Axe II used them to display the currently-edited block) but it doesn't look like the Pacer can send custom SysEx. The FC6/12 can't do this either.

With everything connected to a computer, you could probably make a certain CC or note trigger the right message from computer to Axe.

Back
Top Bottom