Is there a way to get Scene changes in the FX8 to change scenes in the Axe II?

scorch

Experienced
I've been trying to get scene changes from the FX8 to change corresponding scenes in the Axe II all morning. Failed so far. I have the Axe II talking to the FX but hooking up FX MIDI out to Axe II MIDI in I get freeze-ups. I would like to get scene switching off of the MFC-101 to free up switches and just switch scenes from the FX8. So far I haven't figured it out.

I'm not a MIDIdiot but I only mess with MIDI changes about once a year. It may be something obvious but I haven't found it.

Trying to get the FX8 integrated with the Axe II and MFC-101.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

This came up in a recent thread. Axe FX scenes are accessible via MIDI CC #34 (0-7 and other various values, there's a chart in the manual). The problem is, you need 8 different values to access the 8 different scenes.

You can't access that many CC values with the MIDI block in a single preset on the FX8. It will require multiple presets. I'm not certain whether you can disable the MIDI PC that gets sent with a preset change, so that could cause additional issues (changing presets on the Axe).

It's unfortunate that we can't send (multiple) Midi CC from the cfg page on the FX8, only PC...
I believe this is in the wishlist...

Back
Top Bottom