IS there a way to back my entire Axe Fx 2 up without Axe-Edit?

shadoe

Experienced
I'm sure its been answered but, I couldn't find it. I just got my 2 in and I wanna back up my stock presets.

I have already downloaded Midi-Ox and am using to load presets but I haven't saved any yet.

Press the Utility button on the Axe then page right to Preset and you can dump the presets to the onboard memory (Backup Bank A, B, C). You can also Dump to USB or MIDI depending on how you connect to your computer. Just make MIDI OX ready to Receive and then Press enter on the axe to start the dump.

It's also in the axe manual in section 13 Backing Up and Restoring.

No need to backup the stock presets. The entire banks A,B and C can be downloaded on the support site of fractal.

Getting ready for v10 and backup up my presets using MIDI-Ox, but can't figure out how to place the presets on an existing folder I created on my PC.

On the MIDI-Ox menu, I went to Options > Folders, and added the folder I want to save my presets under the "Map Folder" "SysEx Folder" and Snapshot Folder".

I also set up (under Options > MIDI Devices) MIDI Inputs "AXE-FX II MIDI Out" and MIDI Outputs "AXE-FX II MIDI In."

Can someone help me as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

PJ

I was attempting to explain it but it sounded like rambling. just save your presets to the midi-ox default folder, that way they're right there ready to load.

of course you could wait and back up your programs with axe-edit THEN upgrade your firmware.

I was attempting to explain it but it sounded like rambling. just save your presets to the midi-ox default folder, that way they're right there ready to load.

of course you could wait and back up your programs with axe-edit THEN upgrade your firmware.

Thanks! \m/

PJ

Back
Top Bottom