Is there a tool to import/export global EQs?

LeonC

Inspired
I wonder if anyone else has a need for something like this. I mostly use my AX8 for live performance. This entails using both OUT1 and OUT2. I send OUT1 to the mains/monitors (which are JBL EONs in my regular gigging band) and OUT2 to my own stage monitor, which is mostly an Atomic CLR. I've done a few tweaks to the global EQ for the CLR to get it just right, to my ears. I have to EQ the JBLs differently in order to get them to reproduce the sound I'm getting from the CLR. And when I occasionally use a Mackie DLM8 as my stage monitor, it requires yet a different EQ.

I've exported several Global settings files with Fractal Bot to capture these various settings...but they include all the other global info as well. So it would be nice if there was an import/export mechanism just for the global EQs.

Anyone else have interest in this? Or better, know of any tool that does this?

Do you know if the GEQ block at the end of the chain is identical to using the Global EQ? I assumed it wasn't but 1) I don't really know and 2) it may not be different enough to matter... I guess there's only one way to find out. It does have the disadvantage of using a little bit more resources but this probably won't be an issue. I'll give it a shot; thanks for the suggestion.

It is the same EQ for Global as that of a 10 Band GEQ block.

If worried about CPU usage you can instead use the GEQ in the Amp Block. 10 different EQ types available. The GEQ Block will give you 12 types.

Back
Top Bottom