Is there a quicker way to get all the patch volumes the same???

dnasurfer

or do i have to go through every patch and change the volume myself to get the same volume? is there a faster way on the axe edit??

"Same volume" is a function of your speakers, perceived volume and room you are in. You have to balance it each preset relative to all the others at the performance volume.

Meters may get you close, but what I described is truly the only way.

i think u have to listen your patches and match the volumes yourself to get a reliable result. cos it depends alot on the color / frequencies of each preset. its about the way we hear, our ears.
a patch with more lower frequencies might have the same DB output or even more than a patch which has more higher frequencies. and we would hear the patch with higher frequencies louder than the other one. hope it helps...

No, at least not until Cliff develops an algorithm to compensate for the Fletcher-Munson curve.

Instead of simply adjusting volumes of static sounds, think of yourself managing the volumes of actual rigs and running sound checks on a stage. That's closer to what you're doing on the AxeFx.

No, at least not until Cliff develops an algorithm to compensate for the Fletcher-Munson curve.

Instead of simply adjusting volumes of static sounds, think of yourself managing the volumes of actual rigs and running sound checks on a stage. That's closer to what you're doing on the AxeFx.

In addition to that, a sound that is bassy and has a lot of reverb will have a different perceived level than one with a lot of mid range and dry. So they may have power outputs that are very close but the perceived output will be very different.

I have to do this, and also complicated by setting a standard volume low enough to be compensated for when I want to use a boost block. Boost has got to be the absolute tickling the red level, and the standard volume has got to be some level below that- whatever the difference between regular and boost. And all of my patches have to match or be relative to this. A real challenge. Unless someone has a better idea for how to do this!

You'll find in a live situation that setting all the patches to the same level may not be ideal. Since some will cut through the mix more than others. I was just playing last night and my shiva patch was not cutting at all. And this preset was actually slightly louder when I was home leveling preset volumes. So I had to give it a little volume boost at the gig. And I bumped the mids a bit

or do i have to go through every patch and change the volume myself to get the same volume? is there a faster way on the axe edit??

You have to go through every patch, but you could use the Volume INCR/DECR MIDI control IDs which will automatically resave the patch. So should be easier with a pedalboard.

You have to go through every patch, but you could use the Volume INCR/DECR MIDI control IDs which will automatically resave the patch. So should be easier with a pedalboard.

That technique doesn't work the best if you use scenes though. I wish we could set patch volume not to be set by scenes.

That technique doesn't work the best if you use scenes though. I wish we could set patch volume not to be set by scenes.

Also, Vol Inc/Dec only affects OUT1 volume level. No use when outputting through OUT2 using FXL.

Each amp has its own level, including its own basic eq curve. Then there's the rest.....

In my recording (-only) environment, I've gone back and forth between amp types and direct level patch volume. At some point I find some balance between amps, but it usually means cutting the lows of one - for example the Dizzy ch4, Nitrous, and Rectos.

Back
Top Bottom