Is there a particular clip-on tuner that you suggest?

kgk

I didn't realize (until today) that clip-on tuners are both quite inexpensive and able to tune via vibration through a guitar's wood, so they sound amazingly useful when one is not plugged in! And most of my practice does not involve being plugged in... :roll

I just ordered my first, an UberTuner, but am wondering if there is another brand or model that is really awesome, so I could order one of those, too. (I found that I couldn't use the Polytune Clip, because I don't tune in one of its supported tunings [I tune in 4ths].)

Many thanks! :)

I have the Korg PitchHawk and it's probably as good as clip ons get, i have problems getting it to fit to my PRS Custom 22, as I think I would any clip on tuner and to be honest it struggles with tuning by harmonics which is often my preferred method for tuning on the fly.

The Axe tuner is far better

Do check out the Snark. Its designers understood what a performing musician needs. Its display is clear and high-contrast, and can be aimed in any direction, with a well-thought-out color scheme; you know instantly what it's telling you. It's accurate, but not so accurate that you waste time splitting hairs that don't matter during performance. It's fast and responsive, but not so fast that the display is unsteady. And it's inexpensive enough that you can put one in every instrument case.

Another +1 on the Snark. Very useful when changing strings or doing other guitar adjustments away from my rack (when plugged in I just use the Axe's tuner).

I like the Polytune for "regular" use--not the polytone mode-Personal preference only-they are $$$ kind of.

That said---I have had the Snarks since they came out and they are great for the $$$$- I "do" have one in every guitar case as Rex mentioned :)

Let me be clear and say, for the price, the Snark is the best deal for tuning for the average player in a controlled environoment. The Polytune Clip is for anyone who owns the snark already wants a more rugged, professional, and accurate tuning experience. It's $50 and totally badass. It works for guitar/bass. It does standard tuning/downtuning up to 2 1/2 steps down. It has capo modes up to the 7th fret. Also there is a strobe tuner. The tuner is so smart it knows when you're picking a single string and when you're strumming multiple strings. Also I can verify the Polytune Clip tracks WAY better in loud environments on a friggin' banjo/acoustic guitar/electric guitar than the Snark ever could. Plus it's way more accurate than the Snark.

Back
Top Bottom