• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Is there a parameter to manipulate B+ Voltage....video inside

stevieray

Inspired
I don't think so exactly, but there are plenty of parameters and that tone doesn't seem out of reach. Hard to tell what makes it special from a YouTube vid.

dpeterson

Fractal Fanatic
there is B+ time const in advanced parameters... would have to read up on what their switch does... might be as easy as lowering it in the advanced parameters.

gittarzann

Power User
I was just curious..that whole "variac thing".

I didn't see a B+ Voltage control in the advanced parameter, but assumed there was a way to manipulate it with other controls.

I saw a video quite some time ago of Blues Saraceno and the amp his dad built for him with several transformers and a built in variac so he could lower just certain voltages (that I assume is the B+) while keeping other voltages at the correct spec so the amps components that needed a certain voltage had it, and other components that could take advantage of lowering or raising voltages were isolated to tweak away.

I was more curious to hear it for myself, more-so than the "this video tone is awesome and I need to cop it". I think it is cool tone, but nothing really special given what comes out of the Axe IMHO.

shredi knight

Power User
there is B+ time const in advanced parameters... would have to read up on what their switch does... might be as easy as lowering it in the advanced parameters.

From the manual:

B+ TIME CONSTANT – Controls the rate of change in the power tube plate supply. Lower values give a
bouncier feel, while higher values give a tighter feel.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
The effect of lower B+ is equivalent to increasing Transformer Match. A lower B+ means the plates clip sooner which is the same as increasing the turns ratio on the transformer. This is assuming that you rebias since typically lower the B+ affects the bias.

Top Bottom