Is there a noise gate feature on Axe-Fx? Annoying "hiss" on my favorite presets~~~

enigma

Inspired
I have found a handful of favorite presets including "Brown Sound." But, when not playing I hear a lot of "hiss" noise coming out of my QSC K12. It's pretty noticeable and annoying. It sounds somewhat similar to single coil hums with tube amps. How do I get rid of this?

Interesting - are you playing with a properly shielded guitar, good cables, the whole sha-bam? You can strengthen the gate in a couple of ways. Increase the ratio, and decrease the threshold. You've got to find a balance between the two. Depending upon what I'm doing, I sometimes use a ratio of anywhere from two to four, and I set my threshold somewhere from -65 to -60. You just have to find what works for you. Good luck!

The noise gate can completely cut any noise that's coming into the Axe-Fx. Could your hiss be coming from the K12 itself? In other words, is it still there when you turn the Axe's output knob all the way down?

For that matter, is it hiss or something else?

I have a similar problem with single coils and my ac30. I made the humbuster cable and it sounds the same as a normal cable.

If the noise gate isn't able to remove all the hiss, the rest likely comes from bad gain staging. Where's your Axe's output at? Set it between 12 - 2 o'clock and adjust the K12's to get desired loudness.

EDIT:
"It sounds somewhat similar to single coil hums with tube amps. How do I get rid of this? "

ah...if it sounds like hum, it is likely...hum, and not hiss ;) What cables do you use?

Last edited:
are you running the k12 wide open? it will hiss just because of that. i have mine on 50% and use my axe to adjust the volume.

I have a similar problem with single coils and my ac30. I made the humbuster cable and it sounds the same as a normal cable.
Humbuster cables can only help with ground loop noise. They won't affect anything else.

Back
Top Bottom