Is there a model of an acoustic amp in the amp Library?

Gene

Inspired
Hi, I have a Line 6 Variax standard which I use for a solo show sometimes as I alternate between acoustic and electric type tunes/songs during the set list. The variax has a few acoustic models including Martin D28 and a big body Guild jumbo. They do the job but I reckon I could seriously enhance them with the axe fx 2 XL especially if I tonematch it to one of my real acoustics, but I haven't time to do that tonight but will when I get time.

I am building a patch for these for use tomorrow at a gig.

They way I had this in my head prior to going at creating the patch was to use a cab block as part of the signal chain in the grid and somehow bypass the cab part of the sim or switch it off but to use a MIC IR in the cab block to get the sound of a mic'd up acoustic if you get me. I don't think this is possible though or is it?

To clarify, I wish to use the cab block to get access to the MIC IR but to not actually have a cab emulation going on. Is this possible, if not can I get actual MIC IR's anywhere without having to tone matching one ( haven't the time this evening and gig is tomorrow)? Is there a 'NONE' cab model, maybe I missed it in the list - a bit like using the MIC type set to NULL but still have access to the proximity parameter I suppose you could say.
If this is not possible are there any amp models of good acoustic amps and say a matching FRFR cab model with a woofer and tweeter either in coaxial or normal layout/arrangement as you see in such amps?

Any ideas or IR's of mics?

You could try a "Null IR", it involves making an IR that is specifically flat, and then you can have access for mic and other cab simulation parameters of the cab block without actually having the IR color your sound. If you do a search on the forum or wiki for null IR there's instruction on how to capture one (by routing the out 1 to in 2 with small patch cables in between), or I belive there is also a premade .syx file floating around out there captured by someone (bakerman I wanna say, but don't quote me on that) already.

HI, ok I will look for the IR.
Getting on well here anyway with two patches, one for a D28 for finger style and one for the jumbo guild for strumming they sound good enough, better than without the Axe fx.
Just used a 10 band graphic into multiband comp set for acoustic low and low mids to tame boomines but still give it body into a Tube pre into small amount of pitch detune 'ON/OFF' and a nice large room verb at the end of the chain.
Sounds very nice especially the finger picking one. Just need to level out the volume differences between the REAL Alnico V pickups for my electric sounds and the guitar's emulated acoustic ones so that the instrument input levels in the I/O page are the same because the acoustic was clipping the input stage. Line 6 'Workbench' software will allow me to do this. :)

Hi, I have a Line 6 Variax standard which I use for a solo show sometimes as I alternate between acoustic and electric type tunes/songs during the set list. The variax has a few acoustic models including Martin D28 and a big body Guild jumbo. They do the job but I reckon I could seriously enhance them with the axe fx 2 XL especially if I tonematch it to one of my real acoustics, but I haven't time to do that tonight but will when I get time.

Not sure if this will help but, if you search in the Tone Match forum, you'll find a couple of TM blocks for Taylor 5xx and 6xx acoustics... I personally like the 5xx TM best but YMMV. Sorry, I'd post a link to the thread but I'm just darting out.

Hope this helps.

I am building a patch for these for use tomorrow at a gig.

They way I had this in my head prior to going at creating the patch was to use a cab block as part of the signal chain in the grid and somehow bypass the cab part of the sim or switch it off but to use a MIC IR in the cab block to get the sound of a mic'd up acoustic if you get me. I don't think this is possible though or is it?

To clarify, I wish to use the cab block to get access to the MIC IR but to not actually have a cab emulation going on. Is this possible, if not can I get actual MIC IR's anywhere without having to tone matching one ( haven't the time this evening and gig is tomorrow)? Is there a 'NONE' cab model, maybe I missed it in the list - a bit like using the MIC type set to NULL but still have access to the proximity parameter I suppose you could say.
If this is not possible are there any amp models of good acoustic amps and say a matching FRFR cab model with a woofer and tweeter either in coaxial or normal layout/arrangement as you see in such amps?

Any ideas or IR's of mics?

I also have a Variax and this tone match worked great with the acoustic models:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/tone-matched-my-taylor-914ce.108279/#post

Although you'll get the mic tone with a null IR in the cab block, you'll still just be applying a mic tone to your piezo acoustic signal, not a mic tone to a miked up a acoustic, which has a very different tontal response.

The solution is to do as you said: do a tonematch of your real life acoustic miked up and matched against your piezo sound. I've done this to my acoustic and the results are amazing. I'll go to great lengths to never listen the dry piezo sound of my acoustic ever again. I save the tonematch to a user IR slot and load it into a cab block in my acoustic preset, with the Tube Pre amp sim, a few EQs to correct problematic frequencies, and some reverb.

Back
Top Bottom