Is there a "library" view of all the presets?

Paultergeist

Inspired
Greetings everyone,

My apologies if this has already been covered, but I confess that I am not discovering that which I think must exist. I must also own-up to the fact that using the AX8 was a technological stretch for me, and I do expect the FM3 (I sold the AX8) to be challenging as well. Here goes:

When I owned my AX8, there was a view I found in the AX8 Edit software which allowed me to visualize on my computer screen ALL of the AX8 amp Pre-sets on one big screen (I might have to drag the cursor to see the whole view, but they were all there on that screen). I think that was called the library? In this manner, I could look at the all the Pre-set names ("Dirty Shirley," "Tucan" etc.) and decide if I wanted to hear that Pre-set. I seem to recall this being very easy to do on the AX8: to select various Pre-sets, give them a quick listen, and decide if I wanted to explore / tweak them further. Does this make sense?

Using the FM3, I am not finding an easy way to simply visualize all of the Pre-sets in one place (on one screen), or to audition them. I can either (a) hit the little up/down arrow next to the Pre-set name to simply go to the NEXT Pre-set in line (up or down, depending upon which arrow), or (b) if I already know which Pre-set NUMBER I want to listen to, I can manually key in that three-digit Pre-set number. I am currently slowly going through them all, and creating my own user list as a MS Word document, but this approach seems much more tedious than as I remember when using the AX8 software. I wonder if I am doing something wrong?

If this is just the way the FM3 Edit is designed, that's cool, I can work around it, but I just thought I would ask.

Any good ideas are appreciated.

I haven't found a way to view all of the presets on one page in a window in FM3-Edit but if you click on "Presets \/" to the left of the preset name, it will open the presets in a window view that you can scroll through. Use the Pin/Thumbtack at the top right of the screen to keep the window open as you click through and audition the presets.

Thank you for the replies.

Actually, I think I may have now found what I was looking for:

From within FM3-EDIT,
- If I select "Tools,"
-- If I then select "Manage Pre-Sets,"
--- I then see a list of all of the amp models (Pre-Sets). From that view, I can then double-click on ANY Pre-Set displayed, and hear the factory Pre-Sets. Very cool!

It is a step forward towards better understanding. Thank you again for the assistance.

Back
Top Bottom