is there a good place on the forums that can teach me how to use annd install hi res

mets1969

Inspired
Hi guys:
Is there a good place to learn how to install and use the new hi res cabs that
came with the latest firmware update? I have always just used what was on the Axe-FX II.
Any help would be great! Thank you

Installing them is similar to installing a patch.
If you already have Fractal-Bot installed, and you click on the *.syx file, it should open the Fractal-Bot automatically. Once this is open, click on the speaker you wish to install, in the "Browse" button space, and it will be setup, ready to install. Then click on the "Begin" button, and another box will open, asking you which location you wish to install it in. It will give you the option of 1 through 100, which are the User Cab slots; type in the slot you wish to save it, and click "Send". This will take about 2-seconds, or so, and the new cab is installed in your AxeFX unit.
To access the new cab click on the Cab block (if you're using Axe-Edit), and go to the User cabs; the cab will be in the user cab slot you installed it in. You may need to refresh your Axe-Edit cabs, by clicking "Settings", "Preferences", "Refresh", "Cab Names", if the new cab doesn't show up in Axe-Edit. Once you've done this, it's also installed in Axe-Edit, as well as in your AFX unit. To use it in Axe-Edit click on cabs, and select Hi/Ultra, and the cab you wish to use.
From my end, I'm REALLY digging the new hi-res cabs. I plunked down my nickle, and bought the entire OH collection - they're really good.

Hi "mets" I'm still new to the Axe so this info may not be accurate?

I opened the tools menu in Axe Edit and opened "Axe Manage Cabs" then dragged and dropped the hi res files from the download folder into the "Axe Cabs Manage" then pressed the save button on the "Axe Cabs Manage"

Hope this helps?

Sorry "mets"

I forgot to mention that I think you need the latest version of Axe Edit to access the "Axe Cab Manage" from the tools menu

You can also open "Axe-Manage Cabs" in Axe Edit (latest version), then right-click on a user cab slot and select "Import".

Back
Top Bottom