Is There a Demand for FC Extension Boxes?

Would you consider buying an extension footswitch box for your FC?

• Yes - blank single width (space for 2 switches and a control pot)

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Yes - blank double width (space for 4 switches and 2 control pots)

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Yes - pre-wired with 2 switches and a control pot

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Yes - pre-wired with 4 switches and 1 or 2 control pots

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • No - don't need or want one

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

TG3K

Fractal Fanatic
I know some people here have 3D printed (or had someone print for them) extension footswitch boxes for their FC-6 or FC-12. I have one a buddy made for me and it's been very robust and useful. I see there's also a company in Europe selling them.

I'm considering getting a 3D printer for various reasons, but I figured I'd put a feeler out there in the Fractal community to see how much demand there actually is for extension boxes that match the angled profile of the FC. They could be sold as either blank boxes, or pre-wired with switches and optional control pots. Price would still need to be determined and would be dependent on whether it was a blank box or pre-wired, but I'm thinking it'd be comparable to or less than the ones already being sold in Europe.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
I'm interested as well because I was going to approach a company that makes enclosures & they make some that are fairly close right now (I just got notification they delivered today). If I like what I see, I intend to get a quote about something that matches the dimensions/angles of the FC specs.

How about an option for "NO control pots" ? I'd rather use EXP pedals than a knob on the floor.

Thanks...noted. I'm of the same mindset. My extension box is just two switches. I'd edit the poll to add the "No Pots" option, but I don't think I can do it without messing up the order of the questions. Like I said, this is just to get a bit of a feeler for how many folks might be interested. If I did decide to go for it, I expect it'd take me a while to get things ramped up.

Here's what the one my buddy made for me looks like. It's a close match to the FC case, but if I was selling them, I'd want it to be as exact as I could get it:

FC-8 1 1024.jpg

Just build a pot/jack where you can have an expression knob and if you plug a pedal into the jack it defeats the knob.

an extra pot and jack are like $3-4 in parts, and even cheaper in bulk.

there are some things a knob works better for (IMO) such as being able to visually look down and see the tape each motor speed. Other things work better with a foot control.

why not have the option for both and allow the end user to configure for their own needs ?

I know some people here have 3D printed (or had someone print for them) extension footswitch boxes for their FC-6 or FC-12. I have one a buddy made for me and it's been very robust and useful. I see there's also a company in Europe selling them.

I'm considering getting a 3D printer for various reasons, but I figured I'd put a feeler out there in the Fractal community to see how much demand there actually is for extension boxes that match the angled profile of the FC. They could be sold as either blank boxes, or pre-wired with switches and optional control pots. Price would still need to be determined and would be dependent on whether it was a blank box or pre-wired, but I'm thinking it'd be comparable to or less than the ones already being sold in Europe.

Your thoughts?
Do you have a link to the one made in Europe?

FYI: I sent in the 3D model files that I created to one of those mass production houses (Slant3D), to see what the cost would be for getting 50 or 100 units. Will let you guys know what they say. My assessment of trying to do one-off prints with my single consumer 3D printer was that it just wouldn't be worth the time.

Will let you guys know what they say.

FYI: I sent in the 3D model files that I created to one of those mass production houses (Slant3D), to see what the cost would be for getting 50 or 100 units. Will let you guys know what they say. My assessment of trying to do one-off prints with my single consumer 3D printer was that it just wouldn't be worth the time.

Will let you guys know what they say.
That's great! Thanks for your efforts!

Fractal should have only made the FC6 as a master module with 2, 4 and six button upgrade modules available.

Two separate models is frustrating. One of the biggest reasons I don't have one yet is I can never make up my mind between the 6 and 12. :eek:

I’m using two of the pedal inputs set to momentary type. I’m using them to toggle between two parallel FX paths and also one of them is my tap tempo.

Fractal should have only made the FC6 as a master module with 2, 4 and six button upgrade modules available.

Two separate models is frustrating. One of the biggest reasons I don't have one yet is I can never make up my mind between the 6 and 12. :eek:

What I’d like is an FC-8 or 10 that is smaller, thinner and lighter with bigger displays. Effectively, the counterpart to the EV-2.

Back
Top Bottom