Is there a decent acoustic patch for use with an actual acoustic guitar?

i have purchased a martin with a baggs anthem system and am looking to see if there is a neutral patch that someone can recommenced for running the martin through the axe fx 2

i have used some acoustic patches with my electric guitar but what about a setting simply for an acoustic guitar

cheers

Comp, Parametric EQ, delay and verb is a great way to run an acoustic. Acoustics are clean instruments that don’t need much for basic tone. Effects are whatever you’d need for the song.

i have used some acoustic patches with my electric guitar but what about a setting simply for an acoustic guitar
Chris is right - it will sound like your DI signal without any FX, but if you think of what they might do in a studio session for an acoustic guitar, you’ll almost always find compression, EQ, and reverb.

The one thing that would be missing from what you’d find in a studio is having your guitar properly recorded with a microphone. If you are making an all-purpose acoustic patch that you’ll use a fair amount (or one you’ll use as a template), I’d consider using the tonematch block to make an IR that make it sound more like it is mic’d up in a studio. Yep, even for a pickup like the Anthem that already has a mic in it.
I use my Axe FX about 50/50 for acoustic/electric. My primary acoustic has a mic-based pickup too, and I’ve found that using a recording of a nice sounding studio-mic’d guitar to tonematch your pickup sound does wonders for the boxy sound that typically accompanied an internal mic. Unfortunately because every guitar and pickup combo sound different, I haven’t had much success with using others’ tonematches/IR, so it would be much better to make one yourself.

Here it is, you may have to tweak it for your acoustic guitar. Start with your EQ controls on you axe in a neutral position and the volume at about 50% if it has a preamp.

Cheers, Perry aka Techboy57

Attachments

• Taylor 510 Aku.syx
    17 KB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom