Is there a confirmation of Pedal Calibration?

plyall

Power User
I followed the manual for the FC-12 and did the four calibrations for my pedals (controller). There doesn't seem to be any way to view what the calibration process has done, or how it has compensated for a non-full-range pedal. How are you folks doing this?

I followed the manual for the FC-12 and did the four calibrations for my pedals (controller). There doesn't seem to be any way to view what the calibration process has done, or how it has compensated for a non-full-range pedal. How are you folks doing this?
Be sure to go heel to toe and then hit enter while on the toe. That part wasn’t clear to me and was crucial to proper calibration. After calibration, you can load up a wah or something and assign control. That should let you see the sweep from 0 to max.

Be sure to go heel to toe and then hit enter while on the toe. That part wasn’t clear to me and was crucial to proper calibration. After calibration, you can load up a wah or something and assign control. That should let you see the sweep from 0 to max.
It doesn't matter what position the pedal ends up in, as long as you sweep the pedal several times through its full range of motion, as the manual says.

It doesn't matter what position the pedal ends up in, as long as you sweep the pedal several times through its full range of motion, as the manual says.
I calibrated a pedal several times that would not go completely to 100% yesterday. Finally, I did it one more time and swept from full heel down to toe down and finished it in the toe down position. 1 sweep while previously had done multiple sweeps but I cannot say I ended at toe down. It was that attempt that worked. Does that mean you have to end at toe down? I don’t know but it worked for me.

I calibrated a pedal several times that would not go completely to 100% yesterday. Finally, I did it one more time and swept from full heel down to toe down and finished it in the toe down position. 1 sweep while previously had done multiple sweeps but I cannot say I ended at toe down. It was that attempt that worked. Does that mean you have to end at toe down? I don’t know but it worked for me.
I have seen it recommended to do the sweep from heel down to toe down by pushing with your finger until it just hits the stop.

Weird. I've calibrated a bunch of pedals with various Fractal gear, with no issues. I just sweep from stop top stop a couple of times, as fast or as slow as I want, without a care for where it ends up. As long as it sees the full sweep, it's good.

Weird. I've calibrated a bunch of pedals with various Fractal gear, with no issues. I just sweep from stop top stop a couple of times, as fast or as slow as I want, without a care for where it ends up. As long as it sees the full sweep, it's good.
That’s what I thought without additional guidance, but I’m simply explaining my observations.

Edit: I just repeated the calibration several more times and learned what is really going on. You definitely need to perform SEVERAL passes on the calibration screen. I was only doing one or two. Probably I got mixed up thinking the toe down position is what fixed it, when it probably just hit the number of times of passes it needed to calibrate through iterations of doing the calibration. I can confirm that it definitely doesn't matter which position you land on as long as you run it through several times during calibration. Again, you can pull up the edit modifier screen on any control by right clicking it to observe the new behavior after calibration is complete. :) Much to be learned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom