Is There a Carvin Legacy preset with the Axe 3?

Tannhauser

Inspired
I've seen people post about a "Cali Leggy" model, but it doesn't seem to be present on my 3.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance!

I've seen people post about a "Cali Leggy" model, but it doesn't seem to be present on my 3.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance!
I dont know about preset, but there is definitely 2 models of the legacy and they are ACCURATE. The legacy has a pretty distinct feel and tone and the axe fx nails it. The II nailed it, the III is even better.

cali leggy is Amp #058 on the III , if there isn't a stock preset make one yerself!...ther other Legacy is amp#164 legato 100...heres a quickie preset if yer anxious

Attachments

• leggy.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
On my Axe #58 is called Atomica?

Sorry, I've just seen it on the amp page.

First day with this, lots of catching up to do. Thanks guys!

Will take a look at that preset tomorrow @bradlake thanks!

The legacy has a pretty distinct feel and tone and the axe fx nails it. The II nailed it, the III is even better.

To me... I've owned several of the real amps...

The Leggy preset is Vai in the box... and to me not so much an authentic actual carvin legacy

HOWEVER- the preset/model to me is great/amazing- way better than the real thing

...and the real legacy itself is far from Vai in a box.

To me... I've owned several of the real amps...

The Leggy preset is Vai in the box... and to me not so much an authentic actual carvin legacy

HOWEVER- the preset/model to me is great/amazing- way better than the real thing

...and the real legacy itself is far from Vai in a box.

I saw some instructions on how to dial in those models and settings to use somewhere and they nailed the legacy sound. I also have a legacy 2x12 and a Marshall 4x12 with v30s that I run the axe into. Its great!

I've head multiple Legacy heads, ds-1's, tubescreamers- everything- even a gsystem at the time

I couldn't come close to replicating his tone... BUT to me the Leggy preset is all of it right there...

My best Vai tone actually game from Guitar Rig 3 or 4- there was a P&W preset that really sounded like the real thing

I used to for this video- and it fooled people in the Vai camp

(it originally had a different title Steve Vai- Friday (Rebecca Black Cover))

I took the backing track of FTLOG edited it to the same chord progression as Friday and played the melody in that style... and each section took the same ideas/sound as the real FTLOG-

BUT for like a $100 or freeware trial or Guitar Rig- not bad at all tone.

It's Guitar, into Bad Horsie into the interface direct

But anyway- My point- to be the Leggy Model is even better than the real thing

Back
Top Bottom