Is the wait list/ launch price an introductory price ??

They did have as I recall an option to pay $2999 instead of the normal discount price on the AXE FXII wait list as I recall. If you wanted to pay full price you could skip ahead. Maybe they'll do a similar offer this go a round too?

Thanks for the replies everyone. I didn’t think so but, thought I’d ask. I’m happy with my XL+ but, I’ll most likely upgrade to the III.

$2500 is the intro price. Once people get them they will list them for $42069 on ebay and the like.
Do you really think the production will be so slow as to create a big demand in the secondary market? It always bugs me when resale prices are incredibly jacked like that on new gear, especially with the guitar market. Hopefully Fractal is able to build up a decent stock when it's released so it's not a year-long wait to cover all the preorders.

It was the case at the release of the axe II. Expecially since G66 received very few units for Europe (received mine 7 months after being put on the list)
I do hope it's not the case for the III but who knows. It's not like Fractal has a 5 times bigger factory, plus I'd rather have good QC than a mass of poorly assembled units.

The Axe FX II came out at $2999 with an intro price of $2499 if you got on the waiting list. Fractal added some to the online store occasionally in small quantities. These would go in minutes or seconds at $2999. This is where the "F5" frenzy came about. July and August of 2011 were epic months and I think that if Fractal had organized gladiator tournaments to get a II, many would have donned net and trident to get a chance to get one. Ebay was going wild with units selling well above the $2999 price, especially to international buyers.
The waiting list thread had tens of thousands of posts and a few tricksters would mess with the google doc spreadsheet to create havoc. This was both a time of excitement and anarchy.

This time arounds seems a lot more sane to me. Even if the Forum is alive with the same speculation, back-seat programmers, "entitled" complainers and so forth, it's still much more civil than it was then.

I could not sleep when the II was announced. I was like a kid the night before Xmas except that that night lasted for months.

Well that was the best $2500 bucks I ever spent. I don't make much money and I had to sell all of my gear to be able to afford it. I went on faith and hoped it would deliver. That thing cured me of any GAS for 7 years - except upgrading to the XL and XL+ but that was almost free as the resale value was so high.

I eventually became a beta tester and was happy to exchange with Fractal with some services for all the countless hours of musical bliss the II gave me.

So the current listed price of $2500 is great IMO. It shows that Fractal is doing well, is here to stay, is expanding and flourishing, has a large enough client base to support the company without having to charge ridiculous boutique prices, and has enough confidence in its own products to know that this issue of the Axe FX will carry the company forward over the next 5 years or more. That's pretty cool.

So definitely Kudos to Fractal. I personally can't wait to get my Axe III.

“The Axe FX II came out at $2999 with an intro price of $2499 if you got on the waiting list. ”

^^^This is what I recall and the reasoning behind my OP. I believe this is why I decided to try the “profiler” first. The Axe was so difficult to get and the “profiler” was so easy to get. Later I sold it for the Axe8 and loved it. As soon as I stopped playing gigs and started doing more recording, I upgraded to the XL+. My amp GAS is null, except for Fractal stuff, lol! I’m enjoying my XL and will continue to do so until I can grab the III.

Back
Top Bottom