is the Send/Recieve loop a "block"

randombastage

Experienced
is the insert point where you would likely have your amps preamp section connected a 'block' or have some 'switch' that could allow us to activate or deactivate it on a per preset and/or per scene basis?
Is there any panning function to that same point/block?

Yes it is.

Manual is freely available on the support page that details all blocks.

Also the wiki

I just looked again, it says manual not available and no details on the loop capability in the wiki as far as panning etc.
Am I not looking in the right places for the manual? I was at support/fractal audio site and wiki fx-8

He probably thought your question was regarding the II. Valid question. My guess is since the FX8's primary role is to be used with tube amps, then most likely the FX loop is always active and not one of the "8" blocks.

He probably thought your question was regarding the II. Valid question. My guess is since the FX8's primary role is to be used with tube amps, then most likely the FX loop is always active and not one of the "8" blocks.

That would be my guess as well.

I'm hoping for a per preset switch of some kind. With my GigRig G2 and pedals I had two paths.... output 1 has the insert included, output two doesn't. So if I select a preset with output 2, which is plugged into the front of a non effects loop amp, I get all my effects where they need to be. With a preset using output 1 I get the amp with the effects loop and all the effects where they need to be with that 4 cable set up. All without moving a single cable.

My mistake... didn't see this was fx8. Honestly though I think the blocks are the same as axe fx.

The FX8 has two sections: pre-amplifier and post-amplifier (actually from your amp's effects return). You get to determine where that split is in your effects chain, on a per-preset basis.

Last edited:
If you could select an output to mute it on a per preset basis then you could have two amps connected, one to each output, and be able to use presets to determine which amp is live.
still not clear on if you can have one of those amps in a 4 cable arrangement and the other not receiving anything from the insert point when it's output is the live one though. The insert point/loop block would need to be able to be 'bypassed' on a per preset basis to do that.

It's not exactly something that lots of people will want but it is handy if you have a bunch of amps and like to switch between them and are used to using the same set of effects/pedals with all your amps.

The individual effects blocks can be muted, just like in the Axe-Fx. Doing that would effectively mute the output of that signal chain.
I was under the impression that there is only one 'chain' so muting a block would mute both outputs.
Am I wrong about that?

The capability to decide, per preset, where the insert point is would be needed but also being able to bypass it AND selectively mute outputs per preset.

With 2 amps, one on each output, one of them also in 4 cable method connection scheme, bypassing the insert point would make the 4 cable amp's preamp section silent but the guitars signal would still be present at that amps FX-8 output jack having traveled through all the effects in the chain. That output is going into that amps effects return...thus not silent

Last edited:
Sorry, you've lost me. If you're running two amps, and one of those amps is connected via 4CM, that would require three outputs: one to feed the first amp's input, one to feed the second amp's input, and one to feed the second amp's effects loop.

In any case, when you mute one of the effects in a chain, you effectively mute the output of that chain.

Sorry, you've lost me. If you're running two amps, and one of those amps is connected via 4CM, that would require three outputs: one to feed the first amp's input, one to feed the second amp's input, and one to feed the second amp's effects loop.
correct, one of the main outputs goes to the instrument input of a non-effects loop amp...simple
The other main output would go to the effects return of the effects loop capable amp as a part of the 4 cable method. The insert/loop send of the FX-8 would go to the instrument input of this amp...the FX-8's return being fed from this amps effects loop send...

In any case, when you mute one of the effects in a chain, you effectively mute the output of that chain.
correct, which is why I would need to be able to mute the individual output jacks selectively or cause the output jacks to deliver no sound on per preset basis due to panning the signal to the other output (assuming there is a block that could precede the outputs capable of that function)

The FX8 has two sets of stereo outputs. Most blocks have a Balance control that you could use to select which amp input you're feeding.

Back
Top Bottom