Is the Mk I now a little outdated?

But you are stubborn 😀
50 posts above, someone wrote that outdated can mean something different to everyone.
If for you MK1 = MK2 then ok.
But believe me, there are some where simply changing the display has made the MK1 outdated.
I don't think so, but I understand it.

50 posts above, someone wrote that outdated can mean something different to everyone.
Right. Well, I'm the King of England. I wrote it, therefore it must be true. But seriously, "outdated" doesn't mean "not the most recent". It means old-fashioned, no longer useful or popular, antiquated, outmoded. Anyone who thinks the Axe-Fx III MK I is outdated doesn't understand what the word means.

Last edited:
Right. Well, I'm the King of England. I wrote it, therefore it must be true. But seriously, "outdated" doesn't mean "not the most recent". It means old-fashioned, no longer useful or popular, antiquated, outmoded. Anyone who thinks the Axe-Fx III MK I is outdated doesn't understand what the word means.
Ok. And let's stay there. :)

Fractal Forum - my Axe is outdated, stop making more.

Kemper Forum - we want a new version, this is dated.

Line6 Forum - why is this not a Kemper or Axe FX

I don't feel in anyway ripped off or disgruntled that a Turbo has been released shortly after my purchase. I played my Axe yesterday after a month of not being able to and it made me smile, when that stops I will buy a Turbo or Axe FX 4.

A lot of negativity on this forum lately, remember the days when there was no internet and you bought something and just used it with zero expectation....I miss those days.

Mike

Absolutely love my MK-I, it's a better machine than the one I bought a few years ago, thanks to the constant stream of updates provided by FAS.
There's more than enough to keep me happy here until the FX IV drops, maybe even beyond. :)

Naturally, and Cliff has openly stated his hearing continues to evolve:

"Right now I think it's there but in a year I might think differently. There are things I hear and feel now that I couldn't discern years ago."

Has Fractal Audio made that claim in their marketing? If so, where?

Plenty of people already can't tell the difference in blind A/B tests of recorded tones.
I agree with most of this but an AB in the room with a dry guitar tone is still pretty easy especially if you are playing.

THeAxGm.gif

Where does it come from that what was wonderful yesterday is no longer just as good today.
Although has not changed.?

I started with the FX3 MK1 FW 3 or so and now I have a MK1 with FW17 that has a brilliant amp sound. With each update it became more and more realistic than before thanks to Cliff.

When I look back at the last 40 years of hardware development, there are very few manufacturers that provide long term software support like FAS and make their products better than you bought them before.

I hope that this will continue for a long time.

Unfortunately, you don't look enough at what you already have, but more at what you don't have, even though you didn't miss it before.

If I need more than the MK1 can, then I have to invest

No matter how or when an announcement comes, it will always be ....... How you feel about it.

FX3 MK1 User. :):(:confused::D

Last edited:
I wish people would stop having this attitude.

If its still doing the same thing it did yesterday and you were happy with it yesterday then why would that change today? Regardless of what else is out there. It's a tool. It does a job. If it can still perform that job to the standard it always has then no. It's not out of date. It will only be out of date when it finally bites the bullet.

Apply this same logic to your guitar.

Is your guitar out of date because they released a new one? No. Of course not. It's a silly thing to say right? Then stop saying it.

Back
Top Bottom