Is the Mk I now a little outdated?

I think this is a legitimate question given the current state of affairs. My main preset on my MkI ran at 63% CPU on 16.05. It now runs at 88% on 17.0 with two Fullres IRs in the scratchpad slots 3 & 4 of the cab block, so I get the pleasure of seeing the “warning” light on all the time in AxeEdit. I have not experienced any audio cutting in and out but I can no longer add anything to this preset because it does result in audio dropout. I assume Cliff will improve this CPU issue to some degree so I am waiting to see how it plays out before I decide what to do next. As a result I am concerned that my MkI is nearing the end of its ability to take advantage of the latest advances regarding Fullres.

Last edited:
I think this is a legitimate question given the current state of affairs. My main preset on my MkI ran at 63% CPU on 16.05. It now runs at 88% on 17.0 with two Fullres IRs in the scratchpad slots 3 & 4 of the cab block, so I get the pleasure of seeing the “warning” light on all the time in AxeEdit. I have not experienced any audio cutting in and out but I can no longer add anything to this preset because it does result in audio dropout. I assume cliff will improve this CPU issue to some degree so I am waiting to see how it plays out before I decide what to do next. As a result I am concerned that my MkI is nearing the end of its ability to take advantage of the latest advances regarding Fullres.

Are you going to roll back to 16.05 while waiting for the next update?

I think this is a legitimate question given the current state of affairs. My main preset on my MkI ran at 63% CPU on 16.05. It now runs at 88% on 17.0 with two Fullres IRs in the scratchpad slots 3 & 4 of the cab block, so I get the pleasure of seeing the “warning” light on all the time in AxeEdit. I have not experienced any audio cutting in and out but I can no longer add anything to this preset because it does result in audio dropout. I assume cliff will improve this CPU issue to some degree so I am waiting to see how it plays out before I decide what to do next. As a result I am concerned that my MkI is nearing the end of its ability to take advantage of the latest advances regarding Fullres.
Mark I can’t save fullres anyway so that really isn’t a feature for it.

F..k me...do u guys hear yourself?...It's not about the Axe FX or real amp or whatever gear..those are just tools to express your creativity and have fun..and honestly...even ultra or Axe2 has moooooooore then you need for a guitar player. You think that your creativity will diminish 'cuz u don't have some extra memory or amps or gazillions of IRs. Gear is not for a dick measuring contest. Yeah...if you afford then from time to time yes... it's nice to upgrade...but honestly...with what axe3 has now, I can still use it for another 20y..that if some hardware won't fail of course.
So stop making stupid treads with stuff like this. Play more and have fun...that's what's all about.

I think this is a legitimate question given the current state of affairs. My main preset on my MkI ran at 63% CPU on 16.05. It now runs at 88% on 17.0 with two Fullres IRs in the scratchpad slots 3 & 4 of the cab block, so I get the pleasure of seeing the “warning” light on all the time in AxeEdit. I have not experienced any audio cutting in and out but I can no longer add anything to this preset because it does result in audio dropout. I assume Cliff will improve this CPU issue to some degree so I am waiting to see how it plays out before I decide what to do next. As a result I am concerned that my MkI is nearing the end of its ability to take advantage of the latest advances regarding Fullres.
You can achieve the AITR sound quite convincingly without FullRes IR's. Check out this thread: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fullres-ir-vs-reverb.177026/

it does full res ir's fucking well too. I don't see this as an issue unless you are not connected to a computer when playing.
Its literally 2 seconds to drag drop and load (you don't even need to open a cab manager). about the the time you take when switching scenes with a mouse.
It has the processing power needed to handle full res ir's fully. The cpu usage bump of 17.00 has been rolled down in 17.01 as I read from cliff in one of the posts here.

The only thing we should be worried about when having the mk1 is our playing, and how can we utilise the mk1 to max potential .

Most of my presets are just under 50% CPU even with FW 17, granted I may not be indicative of most users as I use a fairly simple set up. I think it is sounding and feeling great at the moment, there would have to be something pretty major for me to get a MK 2 and would wait and see if a mk 4 is released.

Back
Top Bottom