Is the Klone coming to FM9 in 3.0?

I spent some time with the Klone today, never having experienced it before. My immediate impression was ' man, is this this bassy'.

After spending some more time trying to 'fix it' by increasing treble in various ways ( and not getting very far). The treble cutoff is at 495 Hz!

That's barely getting into mid-range stuff. So after much experimentation i finally came up with something I like. Bringing treble cut up to 700 Hz, adding more diodes to let more signal through.

I have an AXE III and an FM9 and I think I'll wait for the to mature a bit before I adopt it. It has possibilities but I'm going to sit back and watch.

Trying to increase treble gets real nasty, real fast. It's a very different pedal.

Right. No one has been waiting for anything in Fractal world. It all comes expediently.
Well, actually, we've been sitting at our computers waiting for the latest OS. Axe FX III has seen the Klon emulation. The FM9s' will also arrive as well, but it will require time for FAS to assemble the correct code for their firmware. OS developers are working on that, and they're likely testing their systems as we speak until more stable firmware is attained.

Because Rome wasn't built in a day, we can also expect our firmware updates to require time as well.

I'm personally thankful for 3.0 beta 1, even without the Klon as of yet, and am enjoying what I own currently. Hope others are as well, and hope that they are not in too much of a rush to receive what FAS hasn't built into the FM9 yet.

Clean and semi-breaking up guys love the Klon because it doesn't have that sharp shelving
of the lo-end that the SD, TS, and Maxon808s have.

That also means it is not as good at pushing a Marshall type circuit into further overdrive
like the TS variants excel at. With a Klon paired with an amp with a lot of gain it can get
tubby/flubby in the worst way.

The Klon also doubles as the world's most expensive clean boost/tone sweetener. Many guys
use it at the end of their pedal chain with the gain low and the Vol at unity or 1 or 2db above.
It's not a be-all or end-all pedal. It is as limited as other drive pedals, with their own best use case
scenarios.

This explains it well. Also has less mid bump than a TS.

The Klon in the III definitely has a thing. I can see why people have said they always leave it on. Secret sauce…. or something. The Klone Chiron adds touch sensitivity and just makes an overdriven amp sound better. I Can’t wait for it to drop for the FM9.

Back
Top Bottom