Is the IR Rabbit Hole worth it??

100% agree. For whatever reason my go-to stock cabs are the Legacy 189 (4x12 G12M Creamback mix CEL) and Factory2 947 (4x12 Trad V60 57 OH). However, I did buy the YA Friedman pack. Great tones throughout.

Checking those out today. Thanks. :)

For whatever reason my go-to stock cabs are the Legacy 189 (4x12 G12M Creamback mix CEL) and Factory2 947 (4x12 Trad V60 57 OH).
I tried it out and then saved it in my Cab Blocks. I auditioned it with the FAS Skullcrusher -- very different from the EV12L/JBL-D120 mix, lol, (EJ's clean combo.) What's interesting to me is how the G12M Creamback / V60 mix brought a really vintage Plexi sound to the FAS Skullcrusher. It is kind of like a classic Plexi sound in a cab. It will be interesting to try your mix against the classic pulsonic-coned greenbacks and the pinstriped cabs. It seems as if the creamback-mix toned down the V60 to a pulsonic nasal formant. My guess is that the cream back/V60 mix will be more defined in a subtle way and maybe smoother than the old 60's pulsonic greenbacks. But, that is just a guess right now. Lots to try out.

Back
Top Bottom