• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Is the FX8 too basic to be used as a complete midi controller?

So I'm having trouble researching this because I'm at level 1 of midi competency here. Right now I have two heads capable of midi switching (Randall RM100, EVH 5153), a couple dedicated midi effects (strymon Big Sky & Volante) and I plan on putting in a couple RJM Effects Gizmos to run some effects loops. I have an FX8 which is on the chopping block but just as I started researching foot controllers like the RJM Mastermind, I thought to myself... wait... Isn't this right up the FX8's alley?

But every thread I pull up on this topic is tailed to specific questions.

So let me reframe this... What am I missing not using a full blown midi controller or dedicated foot switcher like the RJM?

If I for instance want to switch change the channel on one of the heads, turn on 2 loops on GCX loop switcher, set the BigSky to engaged, As I understand it, each scene allows me one "PC" and one "CC" command. So this would be 4 scene out of 8? And allow me 4 other effects to be used at the same time?

Top Bottom