Is the entire Redwirez package a worth while purchase?

L

luke

I presently have the Mesa Boogie Vintage 30 package. I was hoping it would sound similar to my straight Bogner 4x12 with UK V30 speakers.

For a test run, I downloaded every microphone choice using the cone 2" setting to have an apple to apples comparison.

I have to admit I didn't like any of them better than the stock V30 cabinet with the d112 microphone.

Does anyone know the criteria for the stock V30 cabinet? Is it off axis, at the cap, etc?

I see Redwirez offers a Bogner Vintage 30 cabinet now, but how different is it than the Mesa?

FWIW I playing through a pair of FBT Verve 12MAs.

It's not about the $125, it about having 5,000,000 choices and the resulting paralysis.

Yea ,know what ya mean ,been thinking of getting the whole package also.Thing is with the package you get the mixir2. which you can mix ir's together to get what you want,and now you have 10,000,000 choices.I'd also like to know the questions you asked

Too many options, I only need for Axe II but thats not totally free. Stock IRs from RW is really good enough I guess. I will just use them.

I went for it.

I have to work with them more obviously.

Something I should mention is that if you wish mix outside of the Axe Fx (where you are limited to two cabinets), you need to use their mixIR2. Keeping in mind it only will open in a DAW, you have to use Wav files and then convert to syx later so they load into the Axe. I'm not that good with computers so I'm pretty sure I'll be limited two unless the editor expands my options.

I bought them all and use most. I feel they offer the most flexibility and possibilities out there. I am very happy to support them; and I beta tested a few cabs and did not have to pay for those cabs... but did anyway because I feel strongly about supporting guys like Redwire and OwnHammer.

I gotz em all. But having them all means MORE Options which means MORE time in the saddle. Tweak Tweak Tweak Tweak.........

I bought them all.
To me, the IR of my favorite speaker (Bascetweave G12H30 or Matchless G12H30M25) is worth the price of the whole set. I found it by accident searching for a more natural vintage30-like sound and found this one. No, it's not a v30 type, it's just MY cab! I even don't know real cabs with this speaker inside, I mainly own cabs with v30s. I mix the G12H30 with the stock 4x12 v30s using two cab blocks, that way I can change the balance of the lows (stock) and the air (redwirez) whenever I want without axe-edit.

I believe the seller should make the product ready to use.

Instead of many buyers having to do the conversions, the seller could do it once, save us all the trouble and increase the potential buying pool.

... the seller could do it once, save us all the trouble and increase the potential buying pool.
You think there are others who react the same way, or are you talking increasing the buying pool by one?

You think there are others who react the same way, or are you talking increasing the buying pool by one?

Redwirez provides their IRs ready to install and just redid them for the II.

Based on the thread and the reactions within, people seem over joyed.

Not all Axe users are IT gurus. Look at the treads were people can't get their updates to load, etc.

I bought a Mac because it is easier to use and less headaches, not because it was the cheapest or had the most available software. This is the same principle.

The buying pool increases by 20%, in my opinion, if Axe ready options exist.

Reactions: jon
I'm not arguing with you--I asked about your thinking on this and you were kind enough to respond. If there is something about the converter that is a problem I'm interested in the feedback, but your objection seems to be more of an abstract thing.

FWIW, the next version of the converter will have an automatic mode to update all of your OwnHammer libraries at once. It also gives you the choice of whether to include minimum phase processing or not.

Ihave not tried to use the convertor so I can't give an opinion.

My opinion is more based on perceived aggregation.

There are plenty of able bodied people that utilize lawn services, hire an electrician to change an outlet, or a plumber to change the toilet flapper.

Those same people with disposable income are the buyers of these products. The less barriers to entry, the greater the pool of potential buyers.

Reactions: jon
I bought them all and use most. I feel they offer the most flexibility and possibilities out there. I am very happy to support them; and I beta tested a few cabs and did not have to pay for those cabs... but did anyway because I feel strongly about supporting guys like Redwire and OwnHammer.

Scott, I think I read where you are using the RW's by mixing each of the TC30 positions (4) at 25% and using that as your base mix for each cab. You then use the mics in the Axe if/when necessary. Did I read/recall that correctly?

Just wondering how that is working for you. Seems like a good way to access all the cabs w/o having to audition the myriad other possibilities. Do you feel this is better/comparable to what you were doing before with your mixes?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom