Is The Edge going with Axe FX for the new tour?

Were you in Brazil?

S**t man, I live in Brazil and didn't knowyou guys would be here! I can believe I just lost this opportunity :sleepy:

I toured Brazil with an Italian artist (Peppino di Capri), although I spoke to the production and we'll try and come with the u2 tribute sooner or later

For the Kimmel show, you can also see the pedalboard etc just in front of the rack. My guess is that this was all for more songs after the show. They didn't set it all up as it would have taken to long for the on show tune. Axe was probably used then.

For anyone who is looking for the A3 Mysterious Ways sound with Axe I recommend Edo's patch which you can get on his website edofaiella.wixsite.com. It's the closest patch for that song that I have seen in years. I'm selling my A3 now ...

For anyone who is looking for the A3 Mysterious Ways sound with Axe I recommend Edo's patch which you can get on his website edofaiella.wixsite.com. It's the closest patch for that song that I have seen in years. I'm selling my A3 now ...

What FW version was it optimized for?

All this effort and hard work for a sound patch that you can only play on a single song. Don't get me wrong, it's a great sound and you guys have done a great job recreating it, but it's nigh unusable to use if for anything else other then play Mysterious Ways. You play that patch and its nigh impossible to come up with anything else other then that one riff. Edge has taken a Korg factory setting and basically made it impossible for anyone else to use it, because now it's that instantly recognizable Mysterious Ways sound. Hell, it's probably easier to steal the EVH brown sound or the Metallica crunch for your own purposes then the funkwah patch.

Take a look at the video which is currently posted on u2.com (outside its America). Go to 0:48 and you will notice that the Vox on the stage is not 'a regular' Vox. It has no controls, no handles, and has following big sticker on top 'U2 stage amplifier'. It's not an extension cabinet, because it contains grills for cooling tubes. Looks like a custom amp.

LOL! How the hell did you get those pics? :)

8 Axe-Fx units! I see one of them is an FX-II and the rest appear to be XL's.

Do you know what AC30 models he's using? Are they new or just new housings for his vintage amps?

Great pics @edo, thanks for sharing!

The rig is pretty much the same he used on the ie tour except for a few labels on the foot controller, so I'm assuming it's the same ac30hw2x's he used in the last tour with a few new pedals in the rack.

Well, if it works, why should he have to go all out and change his rig again? I mean the dude has 4 Axe FX, 8 if you count the backup rig, that should give him plenty of flexibility to do any new tour. Most of us do pretty well with just one. Not to mention that for Elevation, Vertigo and 360 his old analog rig tended to remain pretty consistent, excluding the odd pedals here and there. The way I see it only when he wants a really radical overhaul does Bob Bradshaw get to do his magic.

Reactions: edo
I have to agree with the fact that there are some axe users who have more convincing axe funk wah patches than the edge's, however I didn't mind his tone in the last tour.
As far as the album version vs live version, to me the key is the fact that the studio version probably uses a clean guitar into A3 into a cranked amp (you can tell by the distortion on the reverb, which is the typical crunch you get when placing a reverb pedal into a crunchy amp), while the live version probably uses an od (possibly the fa1) into the A3 into a cleaner amp (by placing a boost / od before the A3 you're changing the swoosh and the reverb loses its character).

Does anyone else ever think Edo is a love child of Dallas and The Edge?

Thank you Edo! Now all Edge's tour gear is complete!

I still can't believe he's using the rack pod. I had one few years ago and didn't like it at all!

Well, he must really like the odd sounds he gets out of them and think it cannot be done with the Axe. He's probably right, after all, Edge has the golden ears of the Gods. And Dallas and Bob Bradshaw to enable his OCD.

Truth be told there are a few sounds that I like that I havent yet found in the Axe yet. I do miss the sounds of my Skreddy Lunar Module and my favorite Big Muff versions. Alas, no Dallas Schoo or Bob Bradshaw for me, so I learn to live to play only with my Axe.

What is the black pedal? I see a JHS color box, H9, rototron....

I know he had a number of Empress pedals recently, but I can't find a black one that has two foot switches...

Is that a Fender Eric Clapton Tremolux in the middle?

Can anyone read the labels on the midi footswitch?

Back
Top Bottom