Is the Axe-Fx III available or wait only?

romanianreaper

Power User
Sorry I know this sounds like a dumb question but when I go to the site it says that they are in-stock for $2499. Back when I got my Axe-Fx II, they had a waitlist but also some people were spending more money to get it sooner. I'm not ready to buy but just curious about the situation. Thanks!

If it says its in stock at $2499, then "yes", they are available....

When they weren't readily in stock, they were $3499, "beat the waiting list/don't pay Reverb flippers"

Yep. If I would have waited a WEEK, I would have saved about $600 by not buying from a dude on Reverb lol! Oh well. C'est la vie.

All spoken like true USA men... it is not “in stock” in the rest of the world and waitlists are long... just giving a more world based view because you don’t say where you are from in your profile and this might help inform a non USA query.

All spoken like true USA men... it is not “in stock” in the rest of the world and waitlists are long... just giving a more world based view because you don’t say where you are from in your profile and this might help inform a non USA query.
Can anyone explain why there is a waiting list when the units are readily available over the counter in the USA? If they are why aren't they shipped to the waiting list customer via the dealer network?
No I haven't got mine yet can you tell....more green than the Hulk.

Can anyone explain why there is a waiting list when the units are readily available over the counter in the USA? If they are why aren't they shipped to the waiting list customer via the dealer network?
No I haven't got mine yet can you tell....more green than the Hulk.
They are fulfilling the dealer network as quickly as possible. Must be terrible to have such an in demand product... ;-). I guess they have enough to supply domestic orders now the demand/USA waitlist is finished, whilst still working tirelessly to supply the dealer network worldwide, and the competing requirements that brings... there are only “so many” units in production stream at a time.

He said he was looking at the web site... You can only order from Fractal store if you are in the US ;)

True Red, white and blue! You can thank usa for tirelessly lifting all boats worldwide with a smoking economy driven by awesome innovation from our companies here like FAS. Your welcome! ;)

He said he was looking at the web site... You can only order from Fractal store if you are in the US ;)

Not true... i have bought my axe fx 2 and Ax in US and im in EU but a friend of mine shipped it to
EU for me, so you probably have to get it out of
US yourself if buying from outside US.

PULLED!!! THE!!!!!! TRIGGER!!!! I got my final "courtesy invitation" on Tuesday, purchased it today. I was unemployed when the III was first announced so that was out of the question. Got a job shortly thereafter & finally in a position to buy!

Not true... i have bought my axe fx 2 and Ax in US and im in EU but a friend of mine shipped it to
EU for me, so you probably have to get it out of
US yourself if buying from outside US.
Yes... Which means it was considered as purchased in the US, because the shipping address was in the US.

It also means if you ever have to send it in for repairs, you're going to be spending a fortune on shipping :)

The reason it takes longer for international shipping is time and cost. It’s a lot more expensive to ship each unit overseas one by one, several hundred dollars in fact by most carriers. It’s far more economical to ship a large quantity in bulk by freight services. That requires a dealer network, which then would be taking a wait list to fulfill orders on a local basis as the larger orders arrive.

Just simple global economics, nothing personal

When I wanted a Laney amp is was far harder to get and cost more in the US than if I was in Europe, where they are made.

Just so happens Fractal is a US company

The reason it takes longer for international shipping is time and cost. It’s a lot more expensive to ship each unit overseas one by one, several hundred dollars in fact by most carriers. It’s far more economical to ship a large quantity in bulk by freight services. That requires a dealer network, which then would be taking a wait list to fulfill orders on a local basis as the larger orders arrive.

Just simple global economics, nothing personal

When I wanted a Laney amp is was far harder to get and cost more in the US than if I was in Europe, where they are made.

Just so happens Fractal is a US company

Yup, it is what it is.

I'm here in New Zealand still waiting delivery a month after paying for the unit. Because ours is a small country/economy, I understand why the dealer wouldn't want to ship in single units. So we down here tend to be far more patient than most, out of sheer necessity.

I'm still happy that I've gone through the local dealer (I could have bought from US) mainly because of warranty/shipping issues & costs I'd have incurred buying direct, including local taxes.

For some folks sounds like a plane ride to the states, ship to hotel, carry it back home in your suitcase, and you’d nearly come out ahead in terms of cost and likely have it sooner lol

Obviously would be issues if you needed service though...

For some folks sounds like a plane ride to the states, ship to hotel, carry it back home in your suitcase, and you’d nearly come out ahead in terms of cost and likely have it sooner lol

Obviously would be issues if you needed service though...

And you would still need to pay customs fee and VAT on top of that price. In Germany that is +4% and then +19%. So no, it is in no way cheaper and you will still have a unit with no warranty :)

I think the warranty would still be valid, but only in the USA. Shipping cost to & from US would have to be borne by the buyer. Therein lies the biggest problem from my point of view anyway.

Back
Top Bottom