Is the Axe-Fx II the right purchase for me?

Just got word that someone wants to buy my (modded) Line 6 DL4 for 225€ so that's only 75€ I have to pay myself for the Axe Fx 2. I hope the looper of the Axe is at least as good as the DL4's, because I really used that a lot. I even build my custom pedalboard around that pedal, so I have to change that again :( I always get overly attached to gear that I used a lot.

9.jpg

IMO you should sell the 6505 stack and pedalboard. Use the money from the 6505 to buy the MFC101 amd use the rest of the money for things like a good wireless, a proper rack and FRFR wedge(s). Honestly I just got my axe II a couple weeks ago and Im still really figuring the thing out and its gonna take me a while but I know tht I dont feel the need to go back to tubes and Im already getting great tones

IMO you should sell the 6505 stack and pedalboard. Use the money from the 6505 to buy the MFC101 amd use the rest of the money for things like a good wireless, a proper rack and FRFR wedge(s). Honestly I just got my axe II a couple weeks ago and Im still really figuring the thing out and its gonna take me a while but I know tht I dont feel the need to go back to tubes and Im already getting great tones

Thanks for the comment!

I won't be selling of my gear right away. I've read about multiple cases where people bought an Axe Fx, sold all their other gear during the honeymoon phase and later regretted it. I first want to make sure that I have the patience and the talent to dial in sounds, that are at least as good as my current rig.

The DL-4 will be sold tonight or tomorrow. An ISP Decimator can still be handy with the Axe Fx? The Phase 90 is awesome for solo's and the Flanger is something I got from a friend. How are the wah sounds of the Axe Fx? Or is it still better to keep a dedicated wah in front of it?

I do have a decent wireless: XDS-PLUS ;)

IMO You dont need a noise gate with the axe fx, the built in ones are very tweakable and effective.

Patience is a big thing with the axe fx. I think if you could deal with a POD X3 or HD and get good tones then I think you probably have the patience for an axe fx in most cases.

Also Ive heard the phasers are top notch but I havent tried y self yet. If thats right though, I doubt youll even need the phase 90

I'm not a user of the looper really (except for when setting up presets) so if you are heavily dependent on an elaborate looper facility then maybe I'd wait for someone to chime in that has had experience of the DL-4 and Axe2 loopers to see what differences/workarounds/best practices there are??

I'm not a user of the looper really (except for when setting up presets) so if you are heavily dependent on an elaborate looper facility then maybe I'd wait for someone to chime in that has had experience of the DL-4 and Axe2 loopers to see what differences/workarounds/best practices there are??

The DL-4 will be obsolete and I need to sell it to afford the Axe 2 without using my savings. If the looper of the Axe would be lacking, then I can still invest in a dedicated looper. But I'm really interested in hearing some first hand experiences regarding this subject. Can you loop cross-patch? For example: can I loop some nice ambience and then switch over to another patch and overdub the loop with some clean melody?

Back
Top Bottom