Is The Authentic Tab for the Fox ODS incorrect?

LucasLeCompte

Experienced
If I get any of this wrong, please correct me.

So in the authentic tab in axe edit, the Low Mid and High knobs arent there. In the normal Fox ODS mode, the way the amp works is that if you pull the mid knob, which gives it more gain aka puts it on the "distortion channel" it by passes the brite, deep and rock/jazz eq knobs. So in this mode the preamp bypass is on. For the deep mode, the only work for it to work is to NOT have the mid knob pulled so that the preamp EQs (brite, deep, rock/jazz) are still engaged. In the wiki is says that the PA bypass is off for the deep (which I believe correct) but in Yek's amp guide he says that the PA bypass in on for both modes.

So if I am thinking correctly, shouldnt the low, mid and high knobs be there in the authentic tab since they are always present to begin with? I watched the demo with Andy Fuchs that he did with the tone king and he only says that the brite, deep and , rock/jazz eqs are the knows that are bypassed and doesnt say anything about the low, mid and high knobs. Sorry if I am getting to deep into this, I just dont want to give anyone incorrect information.

EDIT: Found an old manual. The authentic tab is correct and I am just silly. When you pull the mid knob out, it bypasses all the tone controls, which is why there isnt any in the authentic tab(s). Both models have the PA bypassed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom