Is the assembly being done in China?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal1993

Inspired
I know that the board is being done in China and other things and that the chip and stuff is USA but is the final assembly being done in China?

Not sure it matters... The final judgement is base on a well-known, and trusted source...Fractal Audio would not allow inferior components to spoil their excellent reputation.

I think it matters. People like to know these things. People like me who are only coming over to Fractal recently (I’m on the waitlist for a Axe 3) are concerned about it being made in China after only owning I high quality US/UK built amps. I’m looking forward to hearing more about the assembly process..

I think it matters. People like to know these things. People like me who are only coming over to Fractal recently (I’m on the waitlist for a Axe 3) are concerned about it being made in China after only owning I high quality US/UK built amps. I’m looking forward to hearing more about the assembly process..

The “product” is the software, which runs on a proprietary computer optimized for real-time audio processing.

Where are most computers made?
Who writes the best code?

There better not be one foreign made part in the unit or I’m shipping mine back. Heck, the box itself better be US made.

Then again, I wonder what folks in other countries think, such as Japan. Is USA still the gold standard or do they have the same nationalistic threads saying it better not be made “overseas”?

What matters is a manufacturer's Quality Control. Who actually does the assembly and where is trivial. Mistakes happen, as do faulty components. It's just part of manufacturing. It's QC that works to ensure these things are caught and only the cream of the crop actually ships to customers.

The reason why I ask was about possiable lag in time and distribution. If FAS can drop in the dsp board and pack it and ship it quicker than they are getting the items from China that could affect speed and distribution times. It was not a negative comment simply a question. As If for example Cliff has 3000 boards ready to drop in and pack and ship but yet he only gets 1000 units in from china the delays start to pile up if that repeats over and over and over again. If anybody if aware dealing with shipping and logistics and ports and etc etc you can get substantial delays. Again it was an example.

Also I wonder if at some point costs would balance out and production could be done all in the USA

Wow! Not op question but responses. I’ve been dealing with Asia since 1982 and know the nightmares.
Anyways, valid question considering QC in china is below standard unless you have a US representitive babysitting or US company controlling factory. The politics on how things are run in /with factories in China Can be a cluster . Seriously, trying to control 6500 plus miles away .
In the end knowing Fractals customer support, no worries. You’re in good hands!!!! There are great , knowledgeable users here as well as Fractal staff that can help if any issues.
Im sure from your question you just want peace of mind. ALL GOOD

Last edited:
The reason why I ask was about possiable lag in time and distribution. If FAS can drop in the dsp board and pack it and ship it quicker than they are getting the items from China that could affect speed and distribution times. It was not a negative comment simply a question. As If for example Cliff has 3000 boards ready to drop in and pack and ship but yet he only gets 1000 units in from china the delays start to pile up if that repeats over and over and over again. If anybody if aware dealing with shipping and logistics and ports and etc etc you can get substantial delays. Again it was an example.

Also I wonder if at some point costs would balance out and production could be done all in the USA

The exact same thing can happen with a factory in the USA, or anywhere else in the world. The company I work for has had products delayed because of manufacturing issues numerous times, and we're in the same *building* as the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom