Is that an AxeFX?

Sleestak

Power User
Last night I played a show in Seattle for a private event. The client has hired us for their annual "post-holiday holiday party" on a number of occasions. During our set break I was approached by someone who pointed at my MFC-101 and asked "is that an Axe-FX?". I said "well, yes and no..." and explained, pointing out the 4-space rack sitting at the back of the stage. I've gotten my AxeFX spiel down to about a three minute presentation at this point, and it's always enjoyable to make an introduction to the system. He was under the impression the pedal was doing the processing (akin to a Line6 floor pod model), and wasn't aware there was rack device involved. I didn't complicate things by describing the FX8 :)

I'm tempted to create a little printed brochure to give to people when they are curious about the AxeFX. I think there are a lot of people who have heard OF it, but I have a lot of encounters with people who have never had a chance to look at one, or to talk with a user about their experiences.

I'm tempted to create a little printed brochure to give to people when they are curious about the AxeFX. I think there are a lot of people who have heard OF it, but I have a lot of encounters with people who have never had a chance to look at one, or to talk with a user about their experiences.

M@-man may be able to hook you up with something, that is a great idea though. I have people ask quite a bit about the "pedal board I play through [MFC]".

That's a great suggestion. I'd also be happy to have FAS provide a downloadable PDF that I could print locally. I'd be happy to carry a few of them with me. Last night the guy who was interested in the AxeFX also asked me "What's in it for you, for telling people about the AxeFX? Do you get a commission or something?", and I said "I have no incentive other than thinking it's really a great piece of equipment and the enjoyment I get from turning people onto cool stuff".

Back
Top Bottom