Is Scenes view the only option on Home page?

mcuth1

Some of us don't use Scenes. So the Home page does us no real good. Is that home page obligatory? Is there not some way, like the Helix, to make it default to showing which effects are engaged?

I know I could manually change to Layout view every time I change presets (yuk), but those effects are hardly visible on such a small screen, with such a wide signal chain as the grid shows.

I would do the way the Helix LT does. But yeah, amp controls would be a great option.

But is there no option? The UI is already bad. This is just unnecessarily restrictive, and tailored toward one particular type of user at the others' expense.

Someone did a photoshop mock up of a performance type screen that was really cool. It split the available screen into 8 squares so that scenes (or effects or presets) were much easier to see. It was a cool idea, and one that I hope they implement down the road.

I think it has been discussed before and also confirmed that FAS will port the performance screen of the AFIII to the FM3 at some point.
But I agree - the home-screen is an awful waste of space in its current state.

One of the neat things about the home screen is all the text is really tiny and nearly the entire thing is empty wasted space.

Wait, that's not neat at all.

Do we essentially have the AX3 screen in the FM3 ?
The AFX3 unit/screen was designed to be used in a rack mount, or table height...fine for that ....add another 3Ft...for a floor unit and things get harder to read.
It would be better if it was optomized for this added required viewable distance.

Also, the AF MK2 gets a new higher Res IPS screen. It’s the FM3 that needs this due to the distance, IMO.

Ha, okay Rex, you get that one ;)
But I don’t think you will argue that Better contrast and better viewing angles will beneficial for a floor firing display.

The larger text looks nice! But let's not forget that SOME PEOPLE DON'T USE SCENES. Some of us would NEVER use scenes. So gearing everything toward scenes is miles behind the flexibility offered by the other devices on the market.

Some of us, like with every other device on the market, just use the switches (including the hold function) for effects bypass. Yet the Axefx/FM3 interface is practically punitive when it comes to that. Yes, the tap function works fine for that, given the scribble strips. Yet the only reason the hold functions are better for utilities is the stubborn lack of UI flexibility.

The Helix LT has it right: the option for a virtual pedalboard on the screen. With even more high end competition coming soon, Fractal's obligatory UI-for-cover-band-players approach is going to age even MORE poorly.

Back
Top Bottom