Is Output 3 Level Lower Than Output 1 Level?

quark

Experienced
I have 2 CLR's that I wanted to compare with each other ( one has a rattle when I play bass through it ) and I created a simple amp/cab preset and after the cab the connections go to Output 1 and Output 3. I notice that with all else being the same on the CLR's and the AXE 3 Output Level knobs - the volume from the CLR connected to Output 1 is a lot louder than that from Output 3. Is this expected? On the I/O audio page, the Output 1 Level is set to +4dbu but there is no equivalent setting for Output 3. Checked manual, wiki, and forum and couldn't find anything that talked about a level difference between Out 1 and Out 3. Any help here would be appreciated. thanks ..

yes 3 is lower. it's designed for Unity Gain applications.

adjust the Output3 Block, or just turn the knob up more.

I use Out3 with my Matrix power amp and just bump up the output level by +10db. I guess +14db would put it on par with Out1/2 but +10db gives me plenty.

I’d recommend to set Out 3 to max (for unity gain), and then turn up the amplifier’s level. This should give the Matrix (or other amp) plenty of signal level to work with. (A Matrix should be turned up above 1 o’clock in any case for best sound.)

I’d recommend to set Out 3 to max (for unity gain), and then turn up the amplifier’s level. This should give the Matrix (or other amp) plenty of signal level to work with. (A Matrix should be turned up above 1 o’clock in any case for best sound.)
I turn my Matrix up full and then use the Axe Fx Output 3 knob to control overall level. Easier to turn 1 knob than 2...

I have also added a bump in Output 3 block. Don't remember how much. Enough to match it up with Output 2 at similar settings, I think.

I have 2 CLR's that I wanted to compare with each other ( one has a rattle when I play bass through it ) and I created a simple amp/cab preset and after the cab the connections go to Output 1 and Output 3. I notice that with all else being the same on the CLR's and the AXE 3 Output Level knobs - the volume from the CLR connected to Output 1 is a lot louder than that from Output 3. Is this expected? On the I/O audio page, the Output 1 Level is set to +4dbu but there is no equivalent setting for Output 3. Checked manual, wiki, and forum and couldn't find anything that talked about a level difference between Out 1 and Out 3. Any help here would be appreciated. thanks ..
Why not use out 1 & 2?

Sure ... could have done that initially but I didn't have an extra XLR ... so I went with a 1/4" into output 3 and noticed the difference in sound level ... have since snagged another XLR and doing what you suggested ... thanks ..

Back
Top Bottom